Okay fess up; which apostate here does this to upset the witnesses?

by unbeliever 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Zico
    Zico

So, Heidi's sister, has disassociated herself and become an atheist, suggesting she has found out the truth about the truth, but is willing to be respectful enough of her family's beliefs to not speak to them about the religion, in order to allow them to have access to her baby, despite having been shunned by them for several years.

Who's the more loving person here?

Laceyanne wrote: "She is expecting a baby any day now. She is unmarried and has no plans to marry the father. They have lived together for about 3 years. My parents want so much to play an active role in the baby's life. She said she plans to raise the baby as an atheist and she told us not to witness to him. This is just breaking our heart. I can only imagine the influence my brother will have on her child."

I'm sure if Laceyanne brought up a child, she would expect her sister not to tell her anything apostate or atheist, so Laceyanne's sister clearly has every right to tell Laceyanne not to Witness to her baby.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

It's always all about them isn't it? Everyone outside the org, and especially those who "should know better" are as good as destroyed already. It's kind of funny but when I was an active jw, I was convinced that we were the most loving people on the planet and now I'm even more convinced that jehovah's witnesses are the most dysfunctionally self-centered group in existence.

• blondie
    blondie

JWs hate reverse shunning. It makes them seem to be the "bad" ones. Never let your children alone around JW grandparents. They will try to "save" them even if it means undermining the parents' authority.

Blondie

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

What I hate is that its always our fault that they are shunning us!... Excuse me but they are choosing to shun me -- its their fault that things are the way they are and not mine!

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    So, Heidi's sister, has disassociated herself and become an atheist, suggesting she has found out the truth about the truth, but is willing to be respectful enough of her family's beliefs to not speak to them about the religion, in order to allow them to have access to her baby, despite having been shunned by them for several years.

Who's the more loving person here?

You hit this one right on the target!!! WHO is uptight, arrogant and unreasonable? I think this gal deserves a medal for even thinking about letting them anywhere NEAR her baby! But that's just ME.....I've had seven years of irritating JW family members doing everything they CAN to make my life miserable.

It's always all about them isn't it?

Of COURSE it is! JWs are not taught to be kind, forgiving or compassionate to ANYONE outside their precious little circle. They don't have a CLUE about what the Golden Rule is, nor do they care. Dutifully following WTS dogma is the ONLY important thing they have in life.....along with the phony fairy-tale the WTS spins to keep them in fear.

What I hate is that its always our fault that they are shunning us!... Excuse me but they are choosing to shun me -- its their fault that things are the way they are and not mine!

But THEY don't see it this way! The WTS has convinced them that their GOD doesn't want them to be civilized or associate with those who have left the cult.

Annie

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

ewww... that whole dialog made me feel icky. It's funny how sometimes you can forget how full of self-righteousness so many are. And then others are so afraid of doing something wrong, they have to consult the Organization on everything including the proper way to wipe their butts.

I can't imagine the disconnect it takes to not only believe this crap, but to admonish others that it's the only truth.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Does anyone know where I can buy some commercial-grade disinfectant.

I feel really dirty after ingesting that swill.

• crazyblondeb
  • TopHat
    TopHat
    8 Look out for yourselves, that YOU do not lose the things we have worked to produce, but that YOU may obtain a full reward. 9 Everyone that pushes ahead and does not remain in the teaching of the Christ does not have God. He that does remain in this teaching is the one that has both the Father and the Son. 10 If anyone comes to YOU and does not bring this teaching, never receive him into YOUR homes or say a greeting to him. 11 For he that says a greeting to him is a sharer in his wicked works."

Actually if you think about it and know the WTS history, this scripture describes the Governing Body of JW's!

• moshe
    moshe

After reading this commentary by JW's, it makes me glad I got out when my kids were young and I was able to derail their JW indoctrinations. I can see that , had I not been sucessful, I would not be an active and involved grandparent today.

And JW's wonder why 99.9% of the world does not buy into their "spiritual paradise in the KH" line of crap.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit