Favorite Christmas Music

by jayhawk1 15 Replies latest jw friends

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

What is your favorite Christmas Music? Do you go for the classic stuff? Dr Demento stuff perhaps?

One of my many favorites is found here...

http://dan.moneeek.com/content/random/bkholiday/

I also like Jeff Foxworthy's 12 days of Redneck Christmas.

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

We have a NOW Christmas CD that we like to play. It has all of the oldies-but-goodies that I love, plus some cute newer remakes.

I have to say I'm a big fan of the Christmas songs sung by the great crooners... Bing Crosby, Frank Senatra, Dean Martin... love that stuff!

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

For me my all time favourite is 'Fairytale of New York' by The Pogues and Kirsty MacColl.

DB74

• Fe2O3Girl
  • jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Happy Christmass by John Lennon

• compound complex
    compound complex

Could never break free from the spell of certain pieces.............

O Holy Night

Adestes Fideles (when I heard this in a symphonic arrangement, I went into sheer paroxysms of ecstasy---yeah, it got to me)

I was a CCC---Closet Christmas Caroler

CoCo, CCC.

• Nowman
    Nowman

I love Harry Connick Jr.'s xmas music, big band style. It doesn't hurt either that he himself is pretty sexy.

Nikki

• rassillon
    rassillon

Nat King Cole - The Christmas Song

• choosing life
    choosing life

I was not raised as a dub and remember many Christmas songs with fondness. We always turned the radio station when they came on as dubs. But I secretly still liked them. The other night at work, some volunteers came around the halls in the hospital singing Christmas songs. It was nice. Many patients remarked how much they enjoyed it.

I like most of the traditional songs, but I think Silent night is one of my favorites. And I do like the one by John Lennon-So This Is Christmas.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

I'm not familiar with any of the John Lennon songs. Since two of them are mentioned, I will have to listen for them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit