Local Kingdom Hall has windows

by Junction-Guy 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Yes it's true, most kingdom halls that I have seen here in the US do not have windows.

• undercover
    undercover

Every congregation/kingdom hall that I was a part of had windows. Not big windows, but windows nonetheless. Every quick build that I worked on had windows. I have seen Kingdom Halls without windows but in all my East coast travels as a JW the vast majority of halls had windows. In the buildings without windows the architectural style of the building lent itself to not having windows and from the outside the buildings looked nice.

• Mary
    Mary
    This Kingdom Hall now has windows. The windows appear to be about 10 inches wide by 6 feet. There are several of them and I could see people sitting in their seats as I drove by on the interstate. I realize this isnt big news.

Maybe this is The Big News we've all been waiting to hear. Obviously these windows were put in place to help the bros and sisters escape when the government mobs try and get rid of Jehovers people during the Great Tribulation.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Most of the kingdom halls I have attended in Ohio and Kentucky were plain brick buildings without windows.

• undercover
    undercover
    Most of the kingdom halls I have attended in Ohio and Kentucky were plain brick buildings without windows.

Well, there ya go...it was Ohio and Kentucky...heh heh

sorry...couldn't help it...it was just sitting there, waiting...

• Undecided
    Undecided

The ones here in NC have windows, at lest those that I have seen.

Ken P.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Hey all,

I have attended khs here in MA that have windows and some that don't. It depends on the building code where they are built. Some towns require windows in all buildings, some don't as long as you have more than one exit. (in case of fire). I've found by helping in a few quick builds that if the local code says windows are not required, to cut down on time and $$$, they will not make any. Lilly

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Those Kingdumb Halls are going to be sold for sure - that's why they were remodeled with free labor.

True or not, I like this theory. Newer KH plans will include windows so that it is easier to "dump" the building in the future. While I understand the economic and vandalism issues involved, who wants a building w/o wondows?

If I hear of new KH's (rare here now), I will ask about the windows.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I think windows are a good idea - it will inspire early attendance so you can bagsy a window seat to relieve the unmitigating boredom of the meeting by watching the street outside. I never went to a hall with windows and have been to many - one had a very high window but I was too short to see out of it. My local one has windows - full length narrow ones so you can see the feet of the dubs as you walk past ...

• *jeremiah*
    *jeremiah*

I've seen those same windows at the local Women's Prison and our County Lockup.

Crumpet,

You're right, I bet members will be practically fighting for those most cherished views. It will be like musical chairs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit