Local Kingdom Hall has windows

by Junction-Guy 25 Replies latest jw friends

• M.J.
    M.J.

No windows at the KHs around here.

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

Well, I'm a carpenter and adding a few simple windows doesn't add any real expense to the project, particularly when the work is financed over 20 years and done by volunteer labor. In working with regional building committees for over 10 wasted years, the reason for not adding windows has to do with a persecution paranoia than anything else. These in days, many new halls are designed with windows although kept to a minimal. I worked a lot on Halls in NYC (Brooklyn, Bronx, Manhatten, Queens, Long Island) and most do not have windows unless there is a second floor and then 2 ~ 4 windows may be installed on the second floor (tilt up kingdom halls).

• nelly136
    nelly136

no windows on the one here

• Gill
    Gill

The KH up the road from us, built about a year and a half ago has some long slit like windows.

It is behing high metal fencing with triple spikes at the top. At night it is flood lit like Alcatraz. The churches around here do not have such ridiculous security precautions. There is an excellent dentists 50 yards up the road from the KH and they don't feel the need for such stupid security precaution despite the fact that he holds expensive equipment and drugs.

• Gill
    Gill

Oh! And 'NO' we don't live in a high crime neighbourhood!

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Crumpet,

You're right, I bet members will be practically fighting for those most cherished views. It will be like musical chairs.

I used to love it when we were between halls - ie we didnt have a proper hall so had to use the local village hall or school gyms - at least there was something to look at! I remember one hall up in Preston had xmas decorations up once and another time a hall had a painting (copy) of a Dutch painter whose name I forget of racuous village life and one of the men dancing in the pic had his knob bulging through his trousers - I think that was the first time I saw an erection...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit