Did any Man Asend to Heaven Before Jesus?

by gumby 85 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mary
    Mary
    Gumbers said: . Why do witnesses greive so hard when they lose a loved one when they know this loved one has a guaranteed spot in the New System and will be resurrected......especially when they feel the end is only a short time away and the resurrection hope will follow? Why do ANY believers grieve so badly at the death of a loved one when these have a hope of eternal life?

I think because most Witnesses never think they'll ever have to face losing their loved ones. Armageddon has been right around the corner for 130 years and of course, they're STILL being taught that the New System will be here any day now. I know for myself I'm going to find it hard when my parents die because of course we always believed the New system would be here long before now and they'd be returning to their youth and we'd all be petting lions and having picnics every day. Instead, I see them getting older with more health problems, and it goes against what was "supposed" to happen. As for the hope of the resurrection, well.....I guess it's something, but in the meantime, they believe that their loved ones are just dead in the ground-----what frigging comfort is that?

• gumby
    gumby
    As for the hope of the resurrection, well.....I guess it's something, but in the meantime, they believe that their loved ones are just dead in the ground-----what frigging comfort is that?

They oughta be happy sister Mary......this fella don't seem bothered by the idea.

Btw......what does "friggin" mean

Buried alive

• Mary
    Mary
    Gumdictionary asked: Btw......what does "friggin" mean

Well, Brother Gumby, it depends on what context I'm using it. For example, if I say: "I'm frigging pissed off", you really shud consider running for the hills. If I say "I won the frigging lottery!" you will be happy to share my weath. Frigging capish?

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

what does capish mean?

• Clam
    Clam
    I've often wondered the same as you do. Why do witnesses greive so hard when they lose a loved one when they know this loved one has a guaranteed spot in the New System and will be resurrected......especially when they feel the end is only a short time away and the resurrection hope will follow? Why do ANY believers grieve so badly at the death of a loved one when these have a hope of eternal life?

Obviously what Mary has said is right but I also believe that there is an "absence of certainty" which is exposed at such times of loss. I personally think that a lot of this is to do with the sheer complicated nature of Dubism. With all those rules, have I done enough? You can never be absolutely certain of being saved at Armageddon or ressurected. Same goes for your dearly departed.

everyone knows Buddha was too damn fat to leave the ground

LOL

• Mary
    Mary
    what does capish mean?

It's an American-Italian slang for "do you understand?" and is pronounced: KA-PEESH Capish?

• gumby
    gumby
    what does capish mean?

Damn carpenter, ya took the words right oughta my mouth ya bastard! Well, I gotta get ready for the meeting now and learn about "How to prove your faith by your Life course" in the Watchtower study. Ten bucks the answer is..........."by placing more literature".....whaddya bet? I'm leavin Mary in charge to keep out all the rif raf outta my thread and to answer all the hard questions.....so don't nobody get outta line or she'll woop yer arse! Gumfaithful servant of Jehovah

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Gumster:

I was just saying the SAME thing that Acadian said here.

John 3:13, "And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven."

In other words, you don't go up to heaven, heaven comes to you! Read the above verse again, and notice what Jesus said about heaven. While he was alive in the flesh, he stated that he "isin heaven!"

• acadian
    acadian
    Why would god tranfer Enoch yet not transfer Moses, or Noah, or Abraham as these men walked with god the same as did Enoch?

Heck, why did he make head lice, I don't know?

Whats the difference if god kills you or you die naturally?

Gumby, please refer to last part of first question. Either way, you go to the same place...dust you are, and to dust you will return....all spirits go back to God not heaven according scripture. And yes to the other... Acadian
    disclaimer: views expressed liable to change back and forth at any given time due to a lack of not having a clue.

• Mary
    Mary
    Why would god tranfer Enoch yet not transfer Moses, or Noah, or Abraham as these men walked with god the same as did Enoch?
    Heck, why did he make head lice, I don't know?

Enoch had Air Miles. Moses, Noah and Abraham didn't.

Either way, you go to the same place...dust you are, and to dust you will return....all spirits go back to God not heaven according scripture.

But God is in Heaven/Paradise. The physical body dies and "returns to dust" but the spiritual part of man "returns to the true God who gave it."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit