juni

Thinking of you too Junction Guy.

Juni

• Honesty
    Honesty

Praying for you, Dave.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Thanks Honesty, I need all the prayers I can get.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Well here is the update that I have promised. I called my doctors office today and spoke with the nurse. The ultrasound on my kidneys and bladder came back normal. She said the doctor wants to recheck my urine in 2 weeks. I dont think the results of the 24 hour urine test came back yet, because she never mentioned it if they did. This is good news in some ways, but Im not celebrating yet. I dont believe that kidney disease would necessarily show up in the ultrasound. I will just have to wait patiently until other results come in. I dont want to celebrate prematurely.-------Dave

• Bryan
    Bryan

Dave,

How are you? I gave a kidney 3.5 years ago and know a little. I get a free yearly checkup and 2 years ago I had a high keytone count. The doctors told me that after physical exercise, it is normal and not dangerous for the count to climb. The protien I'm not too sure about. I would at least cut your protien intake until you get results from tests.

Hope everything works out!

Bryan

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Dave,

So glad it at least looks positive right now. While ultrasounds do not pick up everything, they can usually show tumors or an enlarged kidney which could be a sign of kidney disease. My hunch is that it is your diet that is bad. Maybe less meat and more fruits and vegetables and drink plenty of water every day. Especially if you drink a lot of coffee as this can make urine thick and concentrated.

I'ml still praying for you and sending good thoughts your way and lets hope the other tests come back good too. Lilly

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Sorry you aren't, but I am breathing a sigh of relief. Just FYI, my son was diagnosed with a problem with his urethra (tiny tiny little tube) and kidneys when I was just a few months PREGNANT with him. They can find a LOT with those ultrasounds!! I know, not everything, but if they can see the urethra of a 4/5 mo fetus. . .

I am happy for your news!! Follow the diet advice anyway. Good diet can't hurt anyone.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Worry, worry, worry, worry, worry...................we spend half our lives worrying - and for what?! Whatever will happen will happen whether we worry about it or not! This might not be what you want to hear, but it's true. We miss the pleasures of the moment because we let our minds run away with us. Take a deep breath and think positive!

I've got cancer. BIG DEAL! If it kills me, so what! I cherish the friends I've made over the years - many here - and hope that I leave many happy memories behind. If I don't die, great - but I know I'm going to one day. And remember, there are a lot more people worse off than you are. A LOT MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My worrying days are over.

Love,

Ian

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Well here is the update, I went to the doctor today and my urine tests came back negative, I didnt have any protein in my urine. My electrolytes were normal. My liver enzymes from the blood work were normal. The doctor was astonished. I want to thank everyone here for your thoughts and prayers. Mom is relieved. She prayed last saturday at the altar. My cousins in Kentucky had their whole church pray for me. Im truly thankful to God. This is the best Christmas present I could have. Thank you all. Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit