Kidney problems--I'm worried

by Junction-Guy 28 Replies latest watchtower medical

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

JG,

I am a nurse and I am wondering since you had protein in your urine intermittingly and not all the times you tested if it could be your diet? Do you eat a very high protein low carbohydrate diet? Also you could be what is called "pre - diabetic". If so, the Dr. will put you on a new diet to control your insulin levels and may suggest you loose some wieght if needed.

Here are some other signs that "could" suggest a closer look at your kidneys, 1. low urine output 2. too much urine output 3. dark or strange odor in urine 4. excessive thirst 5. extreme fatigue 6. pain in your kidneys

Ask yourself honestly if you have any of these symptons. Also its good that you are getting this checked which can head off problems in the future. You may have just the beginning of something and need to be watched. Or, you may have nothing at all. I know for myself, sometimes they find some blood in my urine but the other tests always come back fine. We have kidney problems in my family too.

Try not to worry too much because you may be worrying for nothing at all. You can't do anything about it even if there is a problem until you get all the tests back anyway. I know its hard. I'll be sending positive thoughts your way, please let me know how you make out. And pm me anytime if you need someone to "talk" to with a medical background. Peace, Lilly

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Thanks all, Yeah there could be many causes for proteinuria, some are quite scary. Im just gonna have to wait and call the doctor on monday. Dave

• What-A-Coincidence
  • Junction-Guy
  • Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Thanks Lovelyfill, no I havent dieted in years, in fact just the opposite. I overeat. I do eat alot of meats, but I dont necessarily sacrifice the carbs. I have checked my blood sugar numerous times, and I've never ever had glucose in my urine. I do drink alot of coffee and very little water. Im sure I have been dehydrated alot in the past and didnt know it. The doctor did tell me to up my carb intake, so I have. Im not eating quite as much as I did 2 weeks ago, but I still am taking in quite a few calories. Some of the benign causes of proteinuria are overexercise and starvation dieting-- and I definitely dont fit those categories.

Also thanks WAC, I did read through that link some, very interesting.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

My urine is definitely foamy, sometimes there appears to be a an amber color to it, possibly the billirubin. My urine output appears normal to high, depending on how much I drink. My kidneys dont hurt, and Ive never had blood in my urine, despite the fact that Im on coumadin. I havent felt right for the past 5 years, Im always tired and lethargic. Also, Im not retaining water in my hands or face. Dave

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

JG,

Please let me know what the Doctor tells you, o.k? I will keep you in my thoughts. Lilly

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Thank you Lilly, I will post an update to this topic once I find out more.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I totally panicked over a 'lump' and it was biopsied-in the meantime I worried like crazy and was afraid to tell anyone in my family as we had recently lost my dad to cancer. So no one could reassure me. You are smart to tell us your fears-which are almost always worse than reality. You will have your results soon and will probably be something simple and correctable. Pre-diabetes is a chronic condition-but very valuable to KNOW. Kidney stones and the like are pretty simple, and just about anything related to this is mostly treatable/curable. People live with Diabetes, even, and have totally normal lives. I am doing worst case scenarios in my head-and having seen and experienced a LOT, I think you will be fine. You are SO smart to take care of your medical issues instead of acting like some men who refuse to address them. BTW, I have lumpy lymph nodes-not breast cancer. Had I asked, I would have learned that NO ONE in my family had ever had that, and worried a lot less. You are a wise person to pay attention and monitor your health. I hope all your news is good-I think it will be!

Shelly

• NanaR
    NanaR

Dave,

I don't have any medical advice for you, but I will be thinking good thoughts for you. I agree with the other poster who said you are wise to take care of your health.

I used to drink coffee all day and almost no water. I had to make myself start drinking water FIRST. Remember that the fuel that allows your body to burn glucose for energy is -- WATER. Just making myself drink a full glass of water as soon as I get up in the morning does a lot for my energy level.

Best wishes dear, please let us know how things turn out.

Ruth

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit