When Will It End???

by Undecided 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Undecided
    Undecided

My wife's brother is going bonkers. His wife just called my wife to come up there to see if maybe he had a stroke.

His wife and daughter were out shopping and he was in the car waiting for them. When she got back to the car he asked, "Who are you.? She put her hand on his leg and he said that's not right, my wife died several years ago. He stoped to get a pepsi and when he walked out of the store he started walking down the road, she had to go get him. She asked him where he lived and he said a town where they didn't live.

He won't go to the doctor to have himself checked. His brother is there now trying to get him to go. He's saying crazy things that arn't true like when you have dreams. His blood pressure is OK, my wife checked that. What do you do in a case like this when he won't go get checked?

What else is going to happen in our family?

Ken P.

• hambeak
    hambeak

Sounds like the beginning of dementia.

When I was in nursing I had a patient that had advanced alzheimers and he was only 38

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    He won't go to the doctor to have himself checked.

Call 911 right now and have them send an ambulance.

Sometimes when a person has a heart or brain problem they will become combative and irrational and refuse medical aid.

The paramedics will tie his ass to the stretcher and take him to see the Dr.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Call 911 right now and have them send an ambulance.

Sometimes when a person has a heart or brain problem they will become combative and irrational and refuse medical aid.

The paramedics will tie his ass to the stretcher and take him to see the Dr.

the sooner he gets there, the sooner he can get treatment.......so that it may not be permanent.

purps

• bebu
    bebu

So Ken, you are saying this strange behavior came up very suddenly? If that happened to my husband, I'd simply drive him (without explanation) to the local emergency room. If he were suffering from dementia, he may not even understand the route. If his memory is really bad, he won't remember things from one minute to the next...

How about his brother telling him that everyone is going out for pizza? He might get into the car that way. Of course, she'll have to pick up pizza at some point before or after the ER...

The wife should call the doctor and tell him everything, and he should be able to direct her as to what she can do next. She needs to have SOME kind of contact with a medical advisor.

bebu

• garybuss
    garybuss

You wrote: "What do you do in a case like this when he won't go get checked?"

Ask him to go in the car. If he refuses walk over to the phone and call 911. Do it now!

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

In Florida the loved one calls the Sheriff and tells the sheriff to backer act them. Backer acting is a process where they are taken to a mental health facility and observed for 24 hours to ascertain that they will not be a threat to themselves. I would think you have something similar in your state. A 24 hour mental health facility observation.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Ken-

You have alot of stress going on right now. That can trigger, and bring out alot of things. Please, know we all all here, pulling for you and your family!!

shell

• Undecided
    Undecided

He seems to be better now after his brother came down. They checked his blood pressure later and it was high and his brother gave him a pill and he is doing OK now. He said if he passed out to call the emergency crew. He is resting now and in bed. I'll let you know how it pans out tomorrow.

Ken P.

• Cellist
    Cellist

It really does sound like he needs to see a doctor. I hope it works out alright. You certainly don't need any more stress in your life!

Cellist

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit