"Customer Service" Pet Peeves

by XJW4EVR 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Oh by the way, "What may I help you with?

Just don't offer me fries and we'll get along fine.

W

• Warlock
    Warlock
    I have found the best way to get service at Home Depot or Lowe's is to take my beautiful daughter in with me. When I go alone I am ignored. When she goes with me we have service guys following us around the store tripping over each other trying to help her!!!

Mene, You sure got that one right! Warlock

• crankytoe
    crankytoe

I hate it when you have enter your account number, zip code, phone number, date of birth, password, blah blah blah, just to get to a real human being and then the real human being asks for your account number, zip code, phone..... I HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS!!! Sorry, for some reason I can't turn the darn highlighter off!!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I hate when the person says "What you are asking for will take [all kinds of time or work on my part]." Then they expect you to forget about it. I usually say "But that's what we are going to have to do."

I also hate the company that has an overseas customer service representative for phone inquiries who has a serious accent. Nothing personal to our Indian English speakers, but you need to be understood by American English speakers if they are the majority of the customers.
    I don't mind if they are clear, but otherwise, I just insist on speaking to a manager immediately when I don't understand them. I am sure I would make a lousy representative to a company that had many African or Indian customers who spoke a more British-type English.

• myelaine
    myelaine

Then the LORD said to Moses, "Now you shall see what I will do to Pharoah. For with a strong hand he will let them go, and with a strong hand he will drive them out of his land."

And God spoke to Moses and said to him: "I am the LORD.

I appeared to Abraham, to Issac, and to Jacob, as God Almighty, but by My name LORD I was not known to them.

I have also established My covenant with them, to give them the land of Canaan, the land of their pilgrimage, in which they were strangers.

And I have also heard the groaning of the children of Israel whom the Egyptians keep in bondage, and I have remembered My covenant.

Therefore say to the children of Israel: I am the LORD; I will bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians, I will rescue you from their bondage, and I will redeem you with an outstretched arm and with great judgments.

I will take you as My people, and I will be your God. Then you shall know that I am the LORD your God who brings you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians.

And I will bring you into the land which I swore to give to Abraham, Issac, and Jacob; and I will give it to you as a heritage: I am the LORD." (Exodus 6:1-8)

love michelle

• daystar
    daystar

Me, me, me, I, I, I... Pretty egocentric guy, that Lord.

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

As a CS rep, I can tell you plenty of things that peeve me about customers. The majority are rude, demanding, don't give a rat's ass that you ARE trying to help them, but there is only so much you can do b/c of these little things called LAWS! Yes I understand that you're upset b/c you've been on hold for 15 minutes...but guess what! I'm on the phone for up to 8 hours a day talking to rude people just like you! So when you call in and the first thing you say to me is, ''Is this a real person? I've been on hold for 15 damn minutes! What the hell is wrong with you?''...chances are, that is NOT going to put me in a very good frame of mind.

There are RUDE CS reps out there, but the majority of us try to be nice. But you have to understand...we've been on the phone for 8-10 hours with maybe a 30 minute lunch and MAYBE a 15 minute break. So if you call in with an attitude or a smart ass tone, it's not going to rub off very well on us. If you're polite to me, I'm more than happy to do everything in my power to help you get what you need. If you're just an a-hole, then I just start caring less and less about your problem.

Example-this lady's package got lost by FedEx. I spend the ENTIRE day talking to FedEx, state offices, supervisors, EVERYTHING, because she needed it in 2 days for a trip. So after making this woman's issue my own problem ALL DAY, I finally get it resolved. Great, right? Wrong. I call this ungrateful beeyotch to let her know that she will have her package GUARANTEED tomorrow...what does she say? "Tomorrow? Seeing as how ya'll treated me, I should have it TODAY! Whatever.'' And she hangs up.

Oh My God....I was FUMING! See...I didn't HAVE to help her. According to protocol, I should have just said, ''This is between you and FedEx lady, not me.'' But I didn't. I went above and beyond to help, and this is what happened.

I'm sorry this rant is so long...but's we're so busy today, and it seems everyone is in a pissy mood for one reason or another. I just want to go home.

~luv, jojo

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Ah. Having been in customer service for 21 years, I have some buttons that just get pushed when I go to the store. Knowing most of the rules as far as how things should be done can drive a person mad. I hate how people do not know how to count back money nowdays. They look at the total sort out your 1.16 change and put the coins ON TOP of the bill and then just say HERE. GRRR. That will send me through the roof.

How hard is it to say "Your total is 3.74~~~~So 26c makes 4dollars and one more is 5. Hand it to the person separate and dont put it on top of the bills. I hate that the change slides all over and often drops to the ground.

The eye contact thing is another thing. When you go to the grocery lane and there is not a greeting uttered....They never look at you and then I really cannot stand it when they just point to the total and top it off by dumping your money in your hand backwards and all the while continue talking to another co-worker about who they banged last night.

Ask a question and they say, "I don't know," or if you ask them to lower the price because this is the last one and it is damaged and they just stare. The answer of, "I can't do that"....kills me. They can do a lot they don't know. Talk to a manager. Or most places in the mall or most anywhere give a 15 percent discount authorization to most all employees. If your business is customer oriented, most all can be done.

I used to work for an office supply place and I was put in charge of winback customers. That was the best. Take an irrate person, or lost customer and do whatever it takes to get them to stay. I got to make so many people happy and right some wrongs. Even if it meant they bought a 500 dollar machine and it broke and then service was bad, etc..My job let me give them the 1000 dollar model, boxes of paper, tins of goodies. Anything to make them happy. I liked doing that.

• daystar
    daystar

I have a perfect example of a pet peeve I have as a CS rep so to speak. When a client calls in, there are certain pieces of information I need before I can begin anything at all.

I ask for the person's name first. Then I ask for their account number. (Our company policy says to ask for account number, then name, but I think that's just rude, so I refuse to do that.) Most of my clients know what theirs is, but some don't. It's not that big of a deal at the beginning if they don't know it off hand. We can usually figure that out later.

But then I have to know what software package they're calling about. We develop and support numerous, numerous software packages as a company, and I don't support all of them. So I ask, "What software are you calling regarding today?" And a good portion of the time, they completely ignore my question and move right on to what their problem is. Sometimes I can tell from context what software they are using, but not very often. I politely let them finish their two minute spiel. Then I ask again. Often enough they come back with "your tax software"... well, just about all we have is tax software. So they could still be talking about one of well over two dozen different packages. They might get a bit more specific, but not quite enough. "Ok, what is the exact name of the software you are calling about?" I mean, these people use this software every day. The splash screen they see every day tells them the specific name. The title bar tells them the specific name... come on, throw me a bone here.

It's sort of like if you call a general Microsoft support line and when asked what app you're calling about, just saying "D'uh, well, Microsoft of course!"

Is it too much to ask that a person know who they're calling and what they're calling about?

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    Is it too much to ask that a person know who they're calling and what they're calling about?

Yes it is, because in our current climate of responsibiity denial, everything is somebody elses fault.

I have never worked in customer service but I cant imagine the frustration at having to deal with stupid angry people who have been put on hold for 34 minutes by an automated system that is nothing to do with the customer service persons fault, but he has to deal with its consequences.

I have actually cried with fustration by the time I have got through to customer services once.

My gripe is with young exam dodgers in shops who havent the first clue how to look a customer in the eye and say "I will be with you in a minute".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit