"Customer Service" Pet Peeves

by XJW4EVR 46 Replies latest jw friends

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

I hate when people use the "I'm new here" excuse, and then do absolutely nothing to try and find out what you are inquiring about or at least transfer you to someone that can help.

What are some of your "customer service" pet peeves?

• Warlock
    Warlock

Customer Service? What's that?

Warlock

• Kudra
    Kudra

AAAARRRGHGH!

My worst one is where you are standing at the counter (of say a coffee shop) and the worker is busy doing stuff but makes eye contact with you and looks away. Just say "I'll be with you in a minute"!!!!!!! I hate just standing there and them not even acknowledging me!

I have been "counter help" and I know it is not difficult to just say those couple of words.

-K

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

You mean "Customer NoService"

I hate when your at the checkout and the "checker" is talking on their cell.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I seem to recall Customer Service a long time ago... actually calling a number and then talking to a warm body.... maybe they stopped doing this because it bared too close a resemblance to phone sex.

• fokyc
    fokyc

Trying to speak with a real person, these customer service things just keep asking questions and you have to select a number, then another, then another.

And all the time they are charging you for nothing.

fokyc

• daystar
    daystar

When customers won't answer the questions I ask them, meaning they answer with something completely unrelated. If you don't understand the question I've asked, just tell me so. Or when they put me on hold and never come back. Or when they lie to me because they don't want a problem to turn out to be their problem. Or when they eat food while talking with me. Or when I tell them what they need to do to fix a problem and they simply refuse to do it because they don't think that that can be the problem. Or when... Oh wait, did you mean when calling into a customer service line?

I've been working tech support lines for eleven years. If someone says they're new as a reason they don't know how to help you, then simply ask to be transferred to someone who knows WTF they're talking about.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

The other day I was at the post office... There was a long line and only three people behind the counter. One of the people behind the counter just roamed around for several minutes. She never actually went anywhere or did anything. Then she finally stopped in her station and looked forward with a "duuuuuu" look on her face. All the while the other two people where handling the customers and moving the line along.

It took some time but miss "duuuuuuu" finally opened her mouth and complained about being too cold or thirsty or something else. She then continued with her "duuuuu" look. Keep in mind the other workers where moving faster than I've ever seen postal workers move in my entire life, but she was just sitting there in her station doing literally nothing while customers, one after another, were being handled by the other workers.

Eventually she reluctantly turned to the next customer in line and called him over.

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

I hate it when you have enter your account number, zip code, phone number, date of birth, password, blah blah blah, just to get to a real human being and then the real human being asks for your account number, zip code, phone.....

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I hate going into a fast food restaurant and having someone shout out to me, "Can I help you sir?" when I'm still 30 feet away from the counter.

YES! You can shut the f*ck up until I'm close enough to the counter to read your stupid f*cking menu! Believe it or not, there are people in the world who have better things to do with their lives than waste their time memorizing every McDonalds, Burger King, Wendys, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell menu.

And DON'T ask me if I want fries with that. If I wanted fries I would have said so.

And they always get the orders wrong if you blindside them with a request for an extra hash brown.

Stupid people.

</rant>

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit