"Customer Service" Pet Peeves

by XJW4EVR 46 Replies latest jw friends

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

Oh, and what Kudra said about the eye contact thing. The only way to get someone at Home Depot to help you is by tackling them as they walk by you for the millionth time.

• daystar
    daystar

Here are some tips for calling into customer service lines:

1. Always take notes. Include the name of the rep you speak with, the date and time of the call, and all pertinent information.
    2. Always get the name of the person, no matter how trivial a thing you called for. If you can, try to get their extension as well. This creates a sense of ownership on their part at the very least.
    3. Try to get a case number of some sort of call tracking number. I can't imagine a call center not using some sort of call tracking system and they're going to have some way of looking up prior cases.
    4. Rather than getting ticked off if you feel like you're not being treated fairly by a rep, try this: make it personal. I once spent four months trying to get automatic payroll deductions for my ex-wife's child support payments. Each time I called, I would get one more piece of the puzzle, but never did someone give me all the steps. The final time I had to call I pleaded with the woman, "JoAnne, I am simply at my wit's end here. I need your help... please..." and explained how hard a time I'd had and that I just needed to know every step, every form, everything I needed to do to make this work. And it was taken care of within a matter of days.

As someone calling service or support, we must also take a little responsibility for how things go. But most people simply don't know how things work enough to know what questions to ask or information to give.

• myelaine
    myelaine

alright already...I'll be with you in a minute!!!!!!!...

love michelle

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

Having to press "1" for English. Thats Crap.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Just so that you all understand. I have been on both sides of customer service , and I can tell you stories about customers that will curl your hair.

• daystar
    daystar

Oh, and I'm not trying to make excuses for bad phone reps. There is absolutely no excuse for bad service, and I don't put up with it.

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

running into some of my customers in service... the only plus side is that they can be counted as a return visit!

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

I have found the best way to get service at Home Depot or Lowe's is to take my beautiful daughter in with me. When I go alone I am ignored. When she goes with me we have service guys following us around the store tripping over each other trying to help her!!!

• juni
    juni

I can relate to all of these peeves.

'Tis the season to be jolly, tra la la la la la la la la ........

But to be fair I also served customers and there are some very rude ones out there when you are busting your butt for them. Can't be satisfied..... and don't thank you when you've taken the extra time to meet their needs. Grrr.........

Juni

• wifey
    wifey

Hey! Watch the customer service slamming. Thats my line of work and I do a damn fine job of it.

Of course I'm the exception.

Love ya all!!!

Oh by the way, "What may I help you with?

Wifey

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit