JW's at door, some x-mas decorations up, can an elder visit be far behind?

by kitten whiskers 15 Replies latest jw friends

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I posted a longer detailed reply then it got lost, my response to your question JW's at door, some x-mas decorations up, can an elder visit be far behind? Not necessarily, Since you are from up north and moved down south and faded, that is in your favor to completing a successfull escape unencumbered. Your situation parralels my wife and my experience and we are free, not dfd and my wife celebrates all the holidays. 13 years after her fade her family knows. Many are elders and they still talk and associate with us. Dont answer the door or phone to Jw's and possibly since you are a transplant they will loose interest in you. I guess my answer to your question is you got a 50/50 chance.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Good luck with everything. I hope you don't have to go through any more crap due to the jw but if you do at least you'll get to make it known that you survived the emotional blackmail and are reclaiming your life. Maybe this will offer encouragement to those who are still trying to get away. Everybody's situation is different and you never know when something you say or do will help someone else.

• smellsgood
    smellsgood

It's amazing to me how entitled the "brothers and sisters" feel themselves to be. As in, what is your business is their business, as if they have a right to know everything you do and the reasons you do it. Especially when they haven't been IN your life for a long period of time... and you probably don't even know them very well.

It's gross.

You handled it well. They're probably gonna try and stuff you in the penalty box as a result of your contraband window adhesives though.

• Woodsman
    Woodsman

If they come to shepard will you serve them Christmas cookies?

You should put those strings of bells on the door so they walk in it sounds like Santa has arrived.

• fairy
    fairy

take the decorations down and just flatly deny the whole thing

• juni
    juni

Hi kitten whiskers!

We used to put our tree in the family room which was in back of the house. The livingroom was in the front. We were chickens! You are brave and just did what you wanted to do!

Oh I'm sure the tongues are waggin'.

Enjoy all of "your favorite things" this holiday!

Juni

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit