How should I report zero hours for November?

by OnTheWayOut 42 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

This was my topic November 3rd;

For the first time in my JW history, I turned in a slip with a big Zero written in every column,
    turned it over and wrote "Zero Tracts" Below that, I wrote "Stumbled by the CO"
    ( See http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/121888/1.ashx if you want to understand the CO comment.)

I have had a couple months with 1 hour, several months with 2 or less than 5. As an elder,
    I always maintained at least an average of 9.

Well, I will update here as to what (if anything) they say about this.
    I plan on saying:
    After 11 years as an elder, if I am only worth 10 minutes to the Society's representative,
    if he won't change dinner plans for me, then I understand that I am not worth the time.
    I am sure you brothers have other valuable things to do with your time, so do I.

I appreciate the support you all gave me when I first reported my progress. I will let you know
    how it goes.

They said absolutely nothing to me about my field service hours.
    They say hello, but otherwise don't say much.

It's time to report zero hours for November. Should I turn in a slip or not?
    Should I write a comment on the back or not?

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

Do you want them to ask you about it? If so, write a note on the back and turn it in. If not, just keep ignoring the subject and turn it in with 0 hours again and wait for them to care.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Report one minute this month. It shows improvement over your last time card.

• JAVA
    JAVA

You're giving a fine witness here--count the time you spend on the forum. You could even list the Web site on the time slip as "Return Visits."

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Do you want them to ask you about it?

Last month, I would have said yes. Now, I realize that I just want to fade.
    Deep down, I would love to have confrontations, but I truly know that their
    WT shielded thinking will not be affected much, and I don't want them starting
    to think about a Judicial matter.

I suppose I won't stir things up again with "Stumbled by the CO."
    That was a one-time thing. But I truly want to know what you all think.
    I can turn in a slip & write nothing, turn in a slip & write something, or not turn
    in anything (which will cause them to call me). Turning in ZERO accompanied
    by a reason for the zero allowed them to skip asking last month.

Of course your serious (and joke, too) comments are welcome.

• Warlock
    Warlock

Add up all the time you meant to report, but didn't, for the last 11 years. If it's enough, you may even be able to divide it up and report some time for the next 6 months.

Warlock

• bubble
    bubble

I think you should report 100 hours and see what they have to say about that. If they question you on the matter just say that you did it to raise concern amongst the sherherds in the congregation, and since reporting zero got no reaction at all you decided on something a little less believable.

• Smiles_Smiles
    Smiles_Smiles

As a successful quiter/fader (for going on 3 years) I would say ... if you are still an elder then turn in a slip with at least a minimul (is that a word?) amount of time. Once you step down and start missing meetings you can gradually start to stop turning in a slip at all.

As long as u are at the meetings and hold a position ... if u don't turn in a slip with a little time on it you are inviting harrassment. So it really just depends on if you want to leave un-noticed or with a bang. And THAT my frined is up to You.

just my 2 cents ~ Smiles

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

If you want to fade, fade. No aggression, passive or otherwise. That means a time slip with a few fake hours on it. You may have really done yourself a favor by advertising that you were "stumbled" and hurt by the CO, as you will be viewed as weak, but with a legitimate beef that you ought to just-get-over. So what if it takes you till armageddon to just-get-over it?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I turned in zero hour reports for 4 months, and the elders didn't say anything until my meeting attendence was at about 30%. Then the witch hunt began - the phone calls, the demands to meet with me, the pounding on my door, and even one car chase! The car chase ended when they discovered I wasn't driving my truck that day - someone else was. I had taken the bus to work.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit