The Watchtower loves a dig at women!!!!

by Gill 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Gill
    Gill

The Watchtower loves to dig the knife into the backs of women whenever it gets half a chance.

January 15th Watchtower, Question from Readers:

'In what sense did the congregator find only 'one man out of a thousand' but 'not a woman among all these.'? Ecc 7:28

'To understand these inspired words correctly, we must first appreciate how God views women. The Bible refers to the widow Naomis's daughter in law, Ruth as an 'excellent woman.' According to Proverbs 31:10, a good wife 'is worth far more than corals.' What then did King Solomopn of ancient Israel mean when he said : ' I have found ...one true man in a thousand, but never a true woman.?'

The context shows thta low moral standards must have prevailed among women in Solomon's day. This may have been largely a result of the influence of foregin women who practiced Baal worship. Even King Solomon succumbed to pressure from his mmany foreign wives. 'He came to have seven hundred wives, princesses, and three hundred concubines.' says the Bible, 'and his wives gradually inclined his heart' to worship false gods. The moral standards of men too were not good - one righteous man in a thousand was a rarity, almost negligible. 'This only I have found,' concludes Solomon, 'that the true God made mankind upright, but they themselves have sought out many plans.' (Ecc 7: 29) This is a conclusion about manking - man as the human race, not man as compared with woman. Hence the words found at Ecc 7 : 28 should be viewed as a comment on the general moral condition of the people of Solomon's day.

However, there is another possible meaning to this verse. It may also be prophetic, for never has a woman given Jehovah perfect obedience. But there has been one such man - Jesus Christ' Romans 5 : 15-17'

It seems to me that the Watchtower can never resist a good dig at women and enjoys keeping them 'in their place' which is very much the theme of this particular Watchtower mag.

They neglect to mention, that even if there ever was a real Jesus Christ, he would have been originally a long lived spirit creature who happened to be inhabiting a human body and so in fact wasn't a REAL ordinary human. So, there were NOT even any faithful men!

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1
    ... low moral standards... among women in Soloman's day...

"Hello pot, this is kettle calling... YOU'RE BLACK!"

This coming from a man who had 700 wives and 300 concubines (one night stands).

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

On a side thought, I once said this to my dad...

"You know all those faithful examples in the Bible that had more than one wife was no doubt getting it on with them at the same time." [Orgy] He got upset that I would dare to suggest these godly men would behave that way.

• Gill
    Gill

You'd think that a man might have had a 'higher moral standard' than all those women he took as sex slaves!

But NO! He was a man and he was led astray by his Penis! Whoops! Sorry! He was led astray by his 700 wives, concubines princess! Other than that he was a moral stalwart. These women had to wait for two years to get a night of royal rumpy pumpy. This highly moral man got to perform with a different 'moralless' woman everynight.

So who had the least moral sense?

• looking_glass
    looking_glass
    According to Proverbs 31:10, a good wife 'is worth far more than corals

Of course this is also a fav of theirs to throw up to wives who are not doing what their husbands want. The "good wife" as described in prov was essentially a slave to her husband. Something that all JW husbands would love to have. I also love the catch 22 it puts the women of the religion in .... don't get married because it would better serve you to serve the lord w/o distraction .... your only value to the congo is by way of being a good example of a "good wife" to a husband who is holding a position. Which is it WTBTS? Or better yet WTBTS, just kick all the women out because they are evil and will mislead the pure men. Oh, but in the US that would leave almost no one at the mtgs, because they are all FILLED W/ WOMEN.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

It could be argued that it takes 2 to tango, but in the case of Biblical women, they was property. Whatever the King wants, the King gets. So certainly the most immoral man in the Bible was Soloman. Some example for us to follow!

If Watchtower had it their way, women would still be property. Oh wait, they do, and women are viewed as the weaker vessel property.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree
    They neglect to mention, that even if there ever was a real Jesus Christ, he would have been originally a long lived spirit creature who happened to be inhabiting a human body and so in fact wasn't a REAL ordinary human. So, there were NOT even any faithful men!

Excellent point.

tsof

• Rebirth
    Rebirth

Thank you, this is exactly why I will never believe that they Bible is from the creator of the universe. This is why the Bible holds no more weight to me then any other piece of literature from various eras in history. If you can't see how screwed up this view is, then something is seriously wrong with your common sense meter.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

The WT cannot interpet even one scripture in the bible correctly and so they give everything their own meanings which for the case of women is not too good. Since the WT is a good ol boys club mostly they cannot allow the women to think they are more spiritual now can they? That is why they interpret that text in Eccl. 7 the way they do.

Anyway if you read the whole chapter and the rest of that text that is left out you can plainly see that the writer is not saying women are inferior spiritually to men. And to say women were more immoral during that time or anytime in history is totally ridiculous. As far as history itself shows it was not women behind most of the wars on earth, genocides or other atrocities man committed upon man now was it?

Also, the sisters I knew in the kh's I was in were always "hands down" much more spiritual than any of the men including the haughty self-rigteous elders.

Now I am not putting down men either as women can be just as wicked and this is the point of this eccl. verse, that in God's eyes niether is upright.

Here is the correct interpretation of that verse:

There is a teacher that is trying to find out what the meaning of things (life) truly is according to his own personal observations but is never really finding the true answer on his own. HIS observation is that "of a thousand men only one HE found upright and maybe no women has HE found upright". Again this is HIS view only and not God's view.

however as verse 29 brings out the reality of the situation which is that NONE are really upright on this earth. Although God made man upright in the beginning, man has now gone after his own desires. So no men nor women on this earth could really be declared upright anymore. Women are not inferior to men but rather the same. The first part of the verse is the teacher's feelings on the matter but the later half is the true reality in God's eyes which is that no one is totally upright, both men and women proceed in life according to their own schemes and not paying too much attention to their maker. Again he is not saying women are inferior to men in any way, he is making them equal when it comes to sin.

The WT's interpretation is based on their own wrong beliefs and their own system which elevates men over women. They are the blind leading the blind when it comes to understanding even a simple biblical verse. Lilly

• Gill
    Gill

Smack on the point Lovelylil!

Only the WTBTS could try to say that men have the upperhand when it comes to spirituality because Jesus was a man!

What total BS!

But what else can we expect from the WTBTS?!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit