Need help with bad JW xmas memory.

by rwagoner 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully

This is a JW site by all appearances: http://www.xanga.com/Holidays (they even link to watchtower.org articles... which is a big no-no!)

The Very Attributes of God
    have been given to Santa Claus.

Why ? and by Whom ? Because - SATAN USES "SANTA" -
    TO PROCURE WORSHIP FOR HIMSELF

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

Thanks to everyone so far. I know why they did it, but it is hard to explain to others that they actually WOULD. I would certainly never do that to my kids.

I've looked online and found some of the images posted....this was a very "kid type" cartoon but with a very troubling message. I don't think it came from the borg...no idea where they got it...that is sort of why I thought it might still be around or available on google.

Its not a big deal...I just wanted some proof to show people why I get messed up sometimes out of nowhere. LOL

Thanks.

• Scully
    Scully

Would your parents have gotten you to draw something like that, and then kept it to remind you?

• rebel8
    rebel8

It is true that Satan uses Santa as a disguise because we all know Satan only speaks English! (In other languages, the letters of the 2 names aren't the same.)

(Another example of American jw ethnocentricity.)

Randy I suggest you print off all these pics, put them in your shredder, then in your fireplace, and then promptly look through a bunch of photos of pretty winter/XMas pics to replace the bad images in your memory.

I like that last one with the shadow. Someone Photoshop a pic of the watchtower with a shadow in the shape of the devil!!

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

Sorry I wasn't clear...it was a commercially made cartoon but looked very designed for a kid......as opposed to looking adult or artistic. ( I have NO drawing talent so I know it wasn't me LOL)

It almost looked like they pulled it out of a magazine...it was creased in the center and glossy...maybe they just folded it for storage.

No idea...but I was pretty young....I guess it's silly really. Thanks again everyone

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit