Letter of Disassociation

by Vinny 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Vinny
  • moshe
    moshe

excellent letter Vinny- you said:

I also wanted to find out how the most traditional, conservative and orthodox Jews today felt about accepting blood transfusions, since they still object to any traces of blood in their meat and other strict dietary guidelines from the bible by insisting on kosher foods. After researching, I found out that they DO accept blood transfusions, considering these bible commands to be based on the eating and drinking of animal blood; something a blood transfusion is not.

Nowhere do the WT publications tell the JW's that even strict Orthodox Jews allow blood transfusions. I never even wondered why Jews accept blood transfusions, yet the Society uses the Hebrew scriptures to prove it's case against blood transfusions.

Like you, I questioned the change in organ transplants in 1980. I was told by the Elders to "lip it" or I would be in trouble. They never had an answer to my question about " Did the WT have blood guilt for the erroneous deaths of JW's who refused an organ transplant in the 80's?"

good luck on your new life walking in the real Truth,

Moshe

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Here is a clickable link to Vinny's letter. It is long, but well worth the effort of reading

http://p196.ezboard.com/fexjehovahswitnessforumfrm14.showMessage?topicID=237.topic

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Vinny,

Welcome to the board and thanks for sharing that letter. It was definately worth reading it. You really summed the whole thing up with this small line; you said that the spirit of the law is always more important than obeying every small letter of the law. That is exactly how I felt when I left. The WT is nothing like Jesus at all and everything like the Pharisees. They do not understand how many deaths they have caused by their pharisitical laws and how many lives have been affected by them.

So sorry to hear about your wife's suicide. How is your son doing today? I am very happy you are out of that evil empire! Most people who have any compassion at all cannot stay in the org. forever, it just goes against the grain of who we really are inside. For those who say that the ones who died will be resurrected anyway without any care for their families or lives show their own true evil hearts and lack of human compassion. I am so happy to have gotten my young children out early before they could be permamently damaged by this cult. I always used to tell my hubby that the WT doesn't deserve my precious kids. I'll be praying for your healing and your children's too and want to send along good thoughts to you. Lilly

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Vinny -

Your letter is the longest letter I have ever read, from, to or about anyone/thing!!!!

I could have written nearly the same letter, as my emotions ran the same maze as yours in the process of discovery.

Glad to have you here on the board. Sorry of your losses; especially your wife.

I am only about 2/3 the way thru your letter now - so I shall return after a brief eye-rest and see the conclusion. Thanx for posting it.

Jeff

• BCZAR2ME
    BCZAR2ME

Vinny, it's obvious you did your research on blood. Do you have links or documentation that supports the percentages you stated?

bczar

• skyking
    skyking

I read your letter very good I say. This is the reason I am out as well, the reason I quitly reduced service and later some three years later after the NGO deal left. Here are a few more thinking points on blood. I ahve a letter called my Blood letter Three different CO's and eight different Elders have went over this information with me and every single one has told me I am correct but I need to wait on Jehovah. One flat quit after reading the information, One put his head between his legs and cried. One has all but quit and I hear he is no longer an Elder and goes to meeting only occasionally. All because of my blood letter. Below is only about 1/3 of the information PM me I will send any who asks the information.

At Duet. 14:21 it states "You must not eat any body [already] dead. To the alien resident you may give it, and he must eat it; or there may be a selling of it to a foreigner." There in Israel’s mist was the man of the nations,

this foreigner represented the rest of mankind that Jehovah gave the command to at Gen: 9:4. Noah was instructed not to eat the blood of an animal that was to be eaten.

Lev. 17:15

read "As for any soul that eats a body [already] dead or something torn by a wild beast, whether a native or a alien resident, he must in that case wash his garments and bathe in water and be unclean until evening; and he must be clean." Here God say’s even the NATIVE could eat an animal that he personally did not kill and he knew that this animal had not been bled, and not be in violation of god’s law on blood. {A native, is a person that was clearly under the Mosaic Law and bound by it}

How can this be? A Native, an Israelite eating un-bled meat? If eating blood was in violation of god’s law on blood which we all know it was, how could we explain this verse? If Jehovah did not make an exception to the rule how can this be explained?

The law Jehovah gave Noah was not equal to

The one under the Law of Israel and the rest of the world that’s not under it. This is clearly stated in the Insight On the Scriptures Vol 1 pages 345, paragraph 6"At Deuteronomy 14:21 allowances was made for selling to an alien resident or a foreigner an animal that had died of itself or that had been torn by a beast. Thus a distinction was made between the blood of such animals and that of animals that a person slaughtered for food. {Compare Le 17:14-16} The Israelites, as well as alien residents who took up true worship and came under the Law covenant, were obligated to live up to the lofty requirements of that Law. People of all nations were bound by the requirement at Gen 9:3,4 but those under the Law were held by God to a higher standard in adhering to that requirement than were foreigners and alien residents who had not became worshipers of Jehovah." Notice those under the Law were held by God to a higher standard regards blood. I would like to ask a question here. Could an alien resident break other Laws, stealing, dealing treacherously with his fellow man and get away with it? No, because he was under the legal Laws of Israel, not the Mosaic Law given to the Israelites. The Society clearly recognizes the fact that before Christ’s death, two different laws on blood were in effect. One for the world of mankind. [The laws given to Noah at Gen 9:4] The other for his people Israel. Look at Insight On The Scriptures Vol. 1 pages 345, paragraph 6.

Even in their own book it states the truth so they know. May Jehovah have mercy on their souls!!!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Vinny,

I read the entire letter. Good job. I am fully in agreement with you. I am only staying in my fade because family WOULD cut me off for the terrible crime of disagreement with the WTS. Your comparison with a piece of equipment was excellent (and they will not equate it with their organization).

I did not know about the problems with the blood doctrine until I researched thru these unapproved sources. I know now.

Your son was at a very vulnerable moment, he could have been lost from you (or life) forever. Glad you helped him.

Your letter sounds very personal and not bitter. Best wishes to you and yours.

OnTheWayOut.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Lengthy, but the flow is good, so I didn't mind. You've got several logical points there, and there's no way they could refute them. I've saved it, because when I have to make mine, I know I'll probably be following your format.

• Vinny
    Vinny

Thanks for the comments. I wrote that while obviously still a JW. I have been out since Feb of this year. While I do try to maintain a measure of respect to the victims known as current JW's, it becomes increasingly difficult to avoid bitterness and a desire to just "let them be" since every time I see them nowadays, they pull the shunning routine. Not all, but definitely most. I have done nothing wrong at all, and yet am treated worse than a leper... (at least one could speak to a leper). Therefore I can begin to see why many that have left years ago DO have a a measure of anger, hostility and resentment towards JW's today. THEY are the ones that do not leave those of us that have left the religion alone. But must always, continuously, keep punishing us with their own brand of shunning. Certainly not the version found in the scriptures.

Now that I am working off my PC (since the MAC will not allow paragraph breaks) I will attempt to edit the first post so anyone reading it does not need to go off-site.

I appreciate your comments and will reply in detail to some of them soon. Thanks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit