I hate having JW parents.

by reneeisorym 30 Replies latest jw friends

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I'll try to make this long story short.

In October ... about 3 days before I left for a trip my mother decided to have my cell phone cut off. I've had my bill in my mom's name since I was 16 and have always paid it since I was old enough to work. But .. out of pure spite, she cut off my phone. I called her at work to ask her if she cut it off because I discovered that I had no service. When I got on the phone with her and she figured out who it was, she told me she cut it off and hung up on me. I had to hurry then and get a new one before I left for the EXJW convention.

2 days later I got engaged. He proposed before I left to get on the plane :) I didn't tell my mom because she was so mean to me.

Finallly at the end of last week she e-mailed me to tell me 2 words, "Love you" .. so I sent her a nice e-mail back telling her about my new house and how I had gotten engaged. She was happy I was finally marrying him and about the house. So I sent another one asking if she would come to the wedding. She replied "I've always dreamed of your dad walking you down the aisle. You have put me between a rock and a stone." And now no answer. I am so afraid that I'll have the wedding somewhere outside of the church so she can come and she will then not come and I changed my plans of having a church wedding for nothing.

I hate having JW parents. Any other parents would be helping with a wedding and would at least show up! And they would be happy its not in a church.

• Zico
    Zico

They'll be there.

• Zico
    Zico

Oh, and congratulations!

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

I think you should do what you really want to. You have seen her do things just for spite....and I'll bet she would have you change your plans to make her happy....then not show, just for spite. So, do whatever makes you happiest in your life....then you won't have regrets.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    Any other parents would be helping with a wedding and would at least show up!

Not entirely true. My dad isn't a JW, and he didn't do shit for us except attempt to eat all the food we had at our wedding. He didn't even give us a card. My mom on the other hand, gave us a Family Happiness book, so you at least have that to look forward to.

• unhappy
    unhappy

I'm really sorry to hear how your parents are treating you, especially your mum, at such an important time in your life! Hopefully they'll see sense quickly, and realise they are hurting themselves as much as they are trying to punish you for having a mind of your own and seeing through all the lies from the jw's.

I hope you have a fantastic wedding day!

Saby X

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Sorry to hear about your parents! You need to be firm though and e-mail or call and just state that you need a definate "yes" or "no" about attending your wedding as it will affect your plans. If they are not coming, then you should not be denied having the wedding of your/fiance's choosing. Only you know whether your parents will keep their word...so I'd weigh that also in making your plans.

Congratulations!!! Enjoy your life!!!

Swalker

• Backed away
    Backed away

Congratulations Reneeisorym!!

I totally agree, I hate having JW parents and Family.all the little things become big deals and sometimes I just avoid them entirely.

For you, I hope your parents come to their senses and not miss out on such a beautiful day for you AND them. what's that cell phone company slogan, Can you hear me now? I hope they do in time for you..

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    I am so afraid that I'll have the wedding somewhere outside of the church so she can come and she will then not come and I changed my plans of having a church wedding for nothing.

If you want your wedding in a church, then have it in a church. Never allow JWs to influence your plans in anything that is important. They are unpredictable. They may, with all good intentions, say they'll come and then change their minds at the last minute because of some overzealous blowhard elder that happened to get wind of it.

W

• dawgfan
    dawgfan

Congratulations.

It's their loss if they don't attend.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit