So when do you put up your tree?

by restrangled 51 Replies latest jw friends

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

With any luck at all...next weekend. I'd wanted to get the boxes and all that up from storage this weekend but it didn't work out that way.

So...next weekend it is!!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I can't be bothered cuz I'm a lazy old fart. I'll hang out at my sisters place and look at her tree.

W

• TopHat
    TopHat

My husband and my daughter were never JW's, so there was always a Xmas tree in our house in December....She put one up in the living yesterday.

OH! Just wanted to add: My son who is still in the Borg....told me that is the reason the devill got to me. He blames Satan for everything that goes wrong...typical JW. IF he only knew what he was accusing his Father and sister of...He would be ashamed.

• gwyneth
    gwyneth

I haven't done it yet, but probably next weekend.

My daughter has climbed a ladder for the past three years to string lights. Every year, we buy one new box of lights to add to our house. We truly look like trailer trash, but we're colorful and twinkly trailer trash, by gum!

We don't observe "Advent," but we have a 12" tree with miniature ornaments that we usually erect. My living space is just too cramped for a larger tree. My daughter is bugging me mercilessly about a REAL tree this year, but we have four kittens who would love to use it as a scratching post (if the arms of my couch are any indication) and I am sure they would rip the ornaments off, as well as topple it over. It's just not practical this year. I worry about the miniature tree also. I am afraid I will find a kitten prancing off with it in his mouth.

I have done the big tree before (real and artificial) and my daughter and I used to get clay, shape ornaments, bake them and then paint them afterwards. We have some really inspired ornaments. We also like to buy the plain bulb ornaments, and personalize them with glue and glitter. I have also done cross stitch ornaments. I have a few special Victorian ornaments I bought from a Christmas store that are gorgeous. But, as I said, we haven't broken those out in awhile. Maybe next year.

• Cellist
    Cellist

randy, I hope you do start a Christmas pic thread! That would be great.

My MIL's worst nightmare, Yes. I think music really adds to life. Choirs (at Christmas especially) are wonderful. Have you ever watched Judy Collin's Christmas at Biltmore? That's our favourite Christmas concert. The children's choir backing her up is absolutely wonderful.

Cellist

• vitty
    vitty

I want a real tree but didnt know how long they last, can anyone tell me?

Its tradition here to keep decorations up till the 27th of January, so I dont know if it could last that long............

• Cellist
    Cellist

I'm not sure how long a real tree will last, it's been too long since we've had one. I think they'll last a good month for sure. It depends alot on how well you keep it watered and what species you get. Balsaam last longer than spruce. I'm not sure about the pines. There's a new tree base/watering system out now that's supposed to be really good.

Cellist

• delilah
    delilah

We put ours up yesterday. This is the first year we've had a fake tree, but it looks very real!! I'm so excited about it....I love a real tree, just hate the mess of the falling needles.

I woke up early thismorning, turned on the lights on the tree, the lights on my staircase, and the arbor that divides my living room from my dining room.....put on my Christmas music and lit some earthy incense....and just enjoyed the magic, along with a mug of Butter Pecan coffee. Ah.....this is my little piece of heaven, this time of year.

• restrangled
    restrangled

This does sound like a little piece of heaven!

I woke up early thismorning, turned on the lights on the tree, the lights on my staircase, and the arbor that divides my living room from my dining room.....put on my Christmas music and lit some earthy incense....and just enjoyed the magic, along with a mug of Butter Pecan coffee. Ah.....this is my little piece of heaven, this time of year.

r.

• uwishufish
    uwishufish

My wife put our Martha Stewart pre-lit Kmart tree up this weekend. As I typed this she just informed me that it was an Ebay buy. Said it was a great deal, $50.00 delivered to our front door......WHEW Done.

UWUF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit