So when do you put up your tree?

by restrangled 51 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving....

My husband was so inspired he went up to the attic and dragged down our tree the same day (the 23)... I have been decorating for 2 days serenaded by Vince Geraldi's Charlie Brown Christmas music. For some reason it feels extra special this year. Perhaps because after waffling for years with the witnesses I was finally able to let go this summer after finding this site.

So when are you putting up your Christmas tree?

r.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Gonna go into my front yard a chop down a tree for the living room during the first week of December..I`ve got one big tree I`m going to decorate in the front yard..No shortage of trees in the wilderness..Maybe I`ll glue some antlers on the huskeys..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

We will probably put ours up next weekend. Linda is in bed with flu at the moment, but she is really keen to decorate the tree this year, so as soon as she is ok, I'll leave her to do it, and provide support when required.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

I want to put it up soon and I want a real one this year. I've celebrated the last few years, but this will be the first year celebrating without thinking that god must be pissed at me for it. This will be my first free christmas in nineteen years.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Abandoned,

This will be my first free christmas in nineteen years.

I hear you! Enjoy!

r.

• Mulan
    Mulan

My husband is talking about getting a real tree this year. We have a very nice artificial, pre lit tree, and I want to put it up tomorrow. He keeps saying he would like a real tree and that it's too early to get one now.

So, either tomorrow or next weekend, depending on real or fake tree.

I am excited to get it all put together now. I see my neighbors doing lights, and wreaths on the doors, and I want to get started.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Mulan,

We have had both real and fake trees. I love the fake because its all prewired and lit and actually looks real.....a great buy at Lowes ..end of season close out. 850 lights.

The real trees drop needles and sap, wound up tipping over and the lighting of it every year was a pain. Have fun with what ever you choose but I would recomend the fake and burn some candles that smell like pine and cinnamon!

r.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Hopefully tomorrow.

I've been walking around the house singing Christmas carols for the last week and a half. I need more atmosphere.

• Carmel
    Carmel

When we did the tree thing, we always either bought a live tree or dug one up and potted it so we wern't killing one. It's been several years though since we did the tree thing. No kids and too messy and too much work. Prefer to just do some purple lights and a wreath or something and spend more time doing other things. This year I'll be helping the Kiwanis Club sell trees for a fund raiser. carmel

• anewme
    anewme

Restrangled, I feel exactly as you do! Free for the first time and without fear! I too have been in post df limbo or hell and have tortured myself with depressing dire thoughts while I let others put the hats on me and offer me the nog and unwrap the gifts given to me at their houses.

But this year I HAD THE THANKSGIVING PARTY! AND IM HAVING THE CHRISTMAS PARTY! YAY!!! THE DARK SPELL IS BROKEN!!!!

I put my first tree up a week ago! A 7 footer from the Home Depot. I got books on How To Decorate Your Christmas Tree and The Colonial Christmas and Decorating For The Holidays.

My God I was soooo nervous! My new mother in law is the Queen of Christmas!!!! I was so afraid she would not like my tree. I decided to keep it simple at first. Clear lights, red shiny beads, red and gold bulbs and many dark red little bows. Then I hung my miniature teddy bears and two wooden rocking horses and the tree started to breathe some life! It began to blossom with joy and happiness! I found two teeny wooden shoes from Holland and a small Victorian picture frame of my wedding day. I also wrapped up empty boxes with gorgeous paper and bows (from the Dollar Tree)and placed them generously under the tree!
    When she saw it on Thanksgiving Day she gave me an A+ on my first Christmas tree. She must have told me
    50 times what a good job I did.
    I am so proud of my tree..........and myself (for my recovery)

Oh and my first turkey came out wonderfully! And my garlic rosemary stuffing was a hit along with our homemade egg nog (compliments of my very own hens!)

Yes, it truly was a day of thanksgiving. I felt like my old self again celebrating life and thanking God for my life and friends.

And Christmas promises to be equally satisfying this year.
    None of us have money this year, so we are going to get together anyway and celebrate our friendships.
    It has been unanimously agreed upon that gifts will take a back seat this year.

Happy Holidays to All!

Anewme

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit