So when do you put up your tree?

by restrangled 51 Replies latest jw friends

• SallySue
    SallySue

I put my tree up the day after Thanksgiving. Then, I put up the decorations all weekend. I love listening to Christmas music and seeing all the beautiful lights.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Rwagoner suggested we take picks and start a new thread of our trees. I think its a great idea. Who wants to start? I have to wait for my husband to do this, because I don't know how to download pictures and post them.

I am so curious to see everyone's trees!

RWagoner are you out there?!!!!!

r.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    The real trees drop needles and sap, wound up tipping over and the lighting of it every year was a pain. Have fun with what ever you choose but I would recomend the fake and burn some candles that smell like pine and cinnamon!

That's what I keep telling him. I think he will take the fake pre-lit tree down from the garage rafters for me tonight. Maybe tomorrow. It's snowing big time now, so he probably won't go to work tomorrow.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Mulan, hope you get your tree down and enjoy decorating it tomorrow. Put on some Christmas music, burn some candles and enjoy! Send in a picture too!

r.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Here is a picture of our tree and my darling Dobes! Please Send a picture of your tree and any darlings you want to include!

• Mulan
    Mulan

That is so pretty. I like the colors.

When we were at the Mall today, I was buying another building for my Christmas village and a woman was buying a white pre-lit tree and 3 boxes of ornaments, all white, silver and purple. She said they had bought a house that was 50's style and had decided to do a retro tree this year. I told her she needed to find an aluminum tree.

Anyone remember those?

• restrangled
    restrangled

Mulan, I remember those! They also came with a light that had a wheel with 4 colors that would rotate in front of it. Lots of our neighbors had those. Back in the days when I could only look at trees through some one else's window!

r.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Usually the last payday before Xmas or 10 days before, whichever works best. I have a tiny LR, so I don't especially enjoy the tree part just because there is then no where to walk. Tomorrow we are making a gingerbread house. Bought the gingerbread part from ikea and had fun shopping for candy today.

Merry Christmas!

• Klaus Vollmer
    Klaus Vollmer

I will not erect a tree

my retriever would piss against it wouldnt he?

and then the falling needles

no, not with me

• Emma
    Emma

We buy ours and put it up the Saturday after Thanksgiving. This is followed by dinner at a Chinese restaurant then cookies and hot chocolate at home while we put up the lights.

It was really warm here this weekend so we had to get around the warm weather to get in the Christmas mood. (I don't mind the warm weather; I can adjust!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit