Are YOU Basically The Same Person Now As When You Were A Witness?

by minimus 34 Replies latest jw friends

• freedomloverr
    freedomloverr

Absolutely not the same person I used to be.

I feel I've changed down to a cellular level.

• SB
    SB

i'm just finding out who i am. i no longer have a personality handed to me, as in i am no longer told how to treat people. i'm finding that i am enjoying being nice to everyone, genuinely nice. not that fake nice so we appear righteous before "worldly" people.

i think i'm a more quality person now.

• minimus
    minimus

Mouthy, look at my new thread. A mutual friend is behind it.

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

I am nothing like I was as a JW.

Former nature; anxiety ridden, fearful, self righteous, judgemental, aloof, detached from life, anger issues, held grudges

Current Nature; useful to society, abundantly joyful, able to make lifelong friends, calm, peaceful, secure, forgiving, able to communicate well with people and children, enjoying the heck out of life!

• Woofer
    Woofer

I love who I am now. I smile and actually mean it. I am not fearful that I will be killed when the end comes.I don't judge anyone ANY MORE. I probably was the biggest homophobic before, now I have a few gay friends. They are not the horrible people I was taught that they were. One of the stylists where I get my hair cut is openly gay, and a few weeks ago he had a magazine that had like the top 50 cutest guys in our state. We were both picking out our "favorites" from the pictures . . . it really was funny doing that with a guy. He really is a sweet guy. I figure what two people do behind closed doors (as long as it's not hurting anyone else) is their business.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit