Sorry, I need to vent for a moment...

by Abandoned 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Normally, I don't mind where I'm at in my life. I'm forty, no kids, low-paying job, live in a trailer court, etc (and trust me there's more to the etc, then I've already mentioned), but today I had a hard time.

One of my best friends from high school was a big dope head (no offense to the dope heads out there). He showed up nearly every day to our first period art class smelling of weed and was generally so whacked out of his mind that he got horrible grades.

He finally graduated - barely - and made it to college. He was still a bit of a flake, but he graduated and since he was very good with cars, even while high, he is now working for Ford MoCo, desiging their truck chassis.

I smoked pot three times in my life. All three times, I did it because of peer pressure and for some reason I didn't get high and it didn't seem like anything that was worth spending money on. I'm not even sure why anymore, but for some reason I dropped out of college and ended up in the Army. In the Army, I started studying with the jw and became a conscientious objector which caused me to forfeit the thirty thousand dollars of college money I'd earned.

So, I'm working at my $7.50 job, which today included busing tables, and in walks my high school friend. I wanted to choke that look of pity off of his face, but I'm sure he sincerely felt bad and we did have a good talk. He's still married to Lisa (my wife left me when I started studying with the jw) and they're happy in MI. Now, I'm sure that he's leaving out some negative parts of the story, but I felt about three inches tall for a good hour.

Later on, I saw a couple that used to bring their dobermans into the Alzheimer's facility that I used to work before I quit due to a romantic situation going sour. I saw my cousin, the son of my God Parents, who didn't seem to recognize me (I hope) and three or four other people that I've known at other times in my life. I felt like I was some kid's failed science project.

I take responsibility for my own poor decisions and I sure can't blame the jw for ALL of my issues, but I want back what they robbed. I want it back and I don't know how to go about it. I'm pissed at those b*stards for fooling me. I know, I was the sucker, but I don't go around suckering people. Why can they do that? How is this legal? I believe in freedom of speech and freedom of religion, but it really seems that these hypocrites, these governing body leeches ought to be put out of business.

Does anyone remember that guy who used to sell things on late night infomercials who kept selling junk? They finally made him stop and so he wrote a book that he's making a killing on? What's with these guys? Maybe I'm missing something, but where is our protection against these blatantly anti-social pud-heads?

OK, that's it. I just had to get that off my chest.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Awwww.

i'm sorry. You are a great guy. PERIOD!!......................

doesn't matter how much you make, or what you do!!

Don't make me hurt you!!

shell

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Awwww.

Don't make me hurt you!!

shell

Thanks, you're a sweet heart. (((cbb))) I just feel like the red-headed bastard step child of the group I hung aroudn in high school and I don't realize how it happened. I'm sure I'm just a bit oversensitive since I"ve been working so much lately. Once christmas is over, I should have more free time again.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Awwww.

Don't make me hurt you!!

shell

Thanks, you're a sweet heart. (((cbb))) I just feel like the red-headed bastard step child of the group I hung aroudn in high school and I don't realize how it happened. I'm sure I'm just a bit oversensitive since I"ve been working so much lately. Once christmas is over, I should have more free time again.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I feel your pain ... I met with a friend of mine who was exactly as smart as I was and we were into all of the same things because we were friends. The only thing different is that after school she would go smoke weed and do things teenagers shouldn't do with boys. Flash forward 7 years: She has a job wtih a company doing international business making a killing while I'm a secretary at a welding supply store. I quit college after a year(yes I was bad and decided to go despite of the warnings) because the only guy in my kingdom hall that was left for me to marry turned out to be a dud. I now have friends who are college professors, doctors, lawyers, ballet dancers.... you name it and I am a secretary because of the crap the JWs put me through. I was smart enough to do anything I wanted and now I'm stuck working to pay bills because of all that nonsense. I get on the same old soapbox time and again. I'm so sorry that you've had to deal with that too.

• smily
    smily

Hey there, You never know but you may well have hated that good job if you had it now and if your wife left you Iam sure it was her loss not yours...you never know what might be just around the corner.....its surprising how days go by and they just seem the same old...and then you turn a corner for some unknown reason and BANG everything chances...there is still hope....dont waste your hate on JW's they seem to have their own problems!!!!! be glad they are not yours anymore!

• clipse
    clipse

I can really understand how you feel. The same situation almost happened to me ( not going to college/dropping out), but luckily i got out before any damage was done. I am going to college now and have no regrets. Too bad many dont see the damage that can be done by these people. You seem like a hard worker and many oppurtunites i hope will arise for you, you deserve better.

• FreeChick
    FreeChick

Sorry to hear about your day Abandoned. I know it's tough to see people from the past. Do you still want to go to college? You'll probably appreciate the classes more now that you have life experience.

Keep your chin up...you are a great guy!

FreeChick

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Thanks for the encouragement reneeisorym, smiley, clipse, and freechick.. I'll be fine. I just hate it when someone pity's me and I hate what I gave up to follow those hypocrites. Well, I may not be much but I'm going to do everything I can to help people see the truth about those people and that's going to start here, in my home town. I'm not a morning person but I think I may need to do some investigating on how they preach around here....

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Abandoned maybe there's something to that weed? I might have to roll of a fat blunt. Maybe it makes you less prone to listen to Jehovah's Witnesses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit