How do you feel about piercings?

by RichieRich 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

This is part of my newly adapted "Don't judge anyone" way of life since starting a fade from the most judgemental people I ever knew. Do what you want. As far as finding them attractive, I like many women's earrings, there's something sexy about hidden piercings (but not too many). Otherwise, I think it doesn't become men at all, nor do I like the face piercings on anyone, including the tongue. But some people have managed to pull them off in an attractive way, so it's your body. The nose piercings of some cultures look pretty cool, I've never seen eyebrows pierced that I liked.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Well, after they heal, they feel okay.

They're okay in moderation (god, I sound like the Watchtower) but too much looks like crap. I also think that stretching is ugly.

I have my left ear pierced, and that's all. I also have only one tattoo. I'm happy with both.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Stretching can be done in moderation though Nosferatu. My ears are stretched to accommodate some ornate carved tapering hooks (8g) and I think you will find they are no more ugly than normal piercings. (they started off as 20g) I do understand though that you are primarily talking about the 00g tunnels and plugs that are more popular.

Many people choose to have their children's ears pierced because it is cultural and looks good. I hope if these reasons are not good enough for body piercing they are not good enough for ears either ;)

• freedom96
    freedom96

I don't personally care what people do. On girls I do find earings and naval rings attractive. If a guy wants to have earings, I don't care.

That being said however, from an employment viewpoint, it will hinder your long term success, depending on your industry. Of course there are careers where personal appearance doesn't make much difference, but in a professional, white collar type of job, with hope for advancement, you better look the part. You have to appeal to the masses. Just the way it is.

I hire people in a professional setting, and if someone came to me applying for a job with lip rings, eyebrow rings, etc, I wouldn't hire them. If I really liked them, perhaps if they removed all of it while at work, but still makes me wonder where they are coming from. One must think about appealing to the masses, in this case.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Good Girl....Your naval is bee-yooo-ti-ful.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

I'm glad that this is turning out to be a more civilized discussion than the tattoo bit.

Honestly, I'm not attracted to women with tons of piercings (eyebrows, monroes, medusas, lips, nostrils), and I'm not a huge fan of people with ear lobes stretched above 1/2" or so.

Now, as heavily pierced as I am, as far as exposed piercings go, the only visible thing I wear is a modest set of plugs in my ears. The jewelry in my second holes comes out, I wear a retainer in my septum, and the small ring under my tongue is also unnoticeable.

For the record, I am a reputable body piercer, as I finished a long apprenticeship over 2 months ago, and all of my piercings, and even tapering the holes is done by friends who are also Professional body piercers. We are all members of APP, and extremely knowledgable in our field.

Sadly, 99% of piercings that cause some sort of extra harm to the body is due negligence on the owners part,

for example, when I pierce a woman's eyebrow, I tell her not to apply make up near the jewelry for at least 3 days. I tell her to rotate the jewelry when in the shower, making sure to clean it completely. Now, when she comes back in in a week, with a swollen eyebrow and asks me to remove the jewelry,and the jewelry is coated in makeup and sebum, WHO's fault is it? Hers.

When I pierce a belly button, and tell them not to touch it for 6 hours after the piercing, and then they come back in in 7 hours, having already changed the jewlery, and played with it enough to tear the hole slightly, who's fault is that?

the 15 year old girl who got her nipple pierced, by a friend, with a sewing needle and an earring, in someone's bathroom, and then had to have half of her brest removed- does that mean that all piercings are going to kill you? no.

Most of the reasons that parents/ older friends/ non pierced people give for not getting pierced is bogus. There are factors to take into consideration, but really, its just an issue of responsiblity. If you have half a brain, and can read the care instuction sheet, you should be ok.

And yes, it is going to hurt.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

There is a topical painkiller called EMLA that can numb an area of skin before a procedure. It could help cut the pain to sensitive areas.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I would never date a woman with too many piercings, especially in sensitive places; I mean, what if I needed to slap the broad around someday for teaching purposes? People with all those piercings are no doubt oblivious to pain, so what would be the point?

I think if women realized this limits their dating potential, there would be a lot fewer of those freaky piercings.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I got my toungue done 2 years ago. I never notice it now. That's the only thing though.

Kwin

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

I don't have anything pierced and probably won't because I have very sensitive skin, but I find tongue piercings, nipple piercings, and [censored] piercings to be quite erotic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit