How do you feel about piercings?

by RichieRich 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• morty
    morty

I feel great about mine...

Nipples, ears, nose....very classy I might add....

• Mulan
    Mulan

Ears (just the lobes, 1 or 2) and navel are fine with me.

I think everything else is absolutely hideous. As an employer, we would not hire someone with ugly piercings (other than earlobes). The men work in people's homes, doing repairs, and it just isn't professional.

I wonder about some of these young people, and why they do it to themselves. Do they really think it's attractive? It's not!! It's a fad, with pretty permanent repurcussions.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

What exactly do you have in mind by permanent reprocussions Mulan? I grew my ears over once before and there was barely even a tiny dot where the piercing had been, far less noticable than acne scars even.

As for professional there are numerous clear retainers you can get to hide piercings in work places. I wonder about people who say they would not hire someone even who took all their jewelry out. Do you actually KNOW any pierced people? I have been nominated employee of the month, employee of the year, taken no sick days in 6 months, been promoted twice in the last 5 months ending in a manager position and turned out the highest quality work of anyone at my work place. Yes I am a real detriment to society and should not be hired.

As for attractive I have been hit on far more since getting my piercings that I was in the 19 years before I had them in total. Plus I can guarantee you that my boyfriend thinks they are attractive. I don't like red heads though. I don't find them attractive. It's all a matter of preference.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I always found Valis' nipple-ring avatar rather sexy.

• restrangled
    restrangled

I guess I'm just too old fashioned. When I see all these piercings it makes my skin crawl. Whats the point really? Its not special anymore because everyone is doing it. The only statement I can see is, ....I like to be in pain and look at me.

I tend to not take seriously anyone lisping with a tongue pierced clacking that silly object against teeth, or holes in their eyebrows or noses.

Cows have their noses pierced for rings, why would any human think that was attractive?

To each his own, but I think its hideous.

r.

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Personally, I am against any piercings! The reason being is that I do believe in the fact that 'acupuncture' works in healing via electrical channels in the body, and piercings disrupt the natural flow of these. Hence, a hinderence to natural and acupuncture healing channels.

I do not mind ear piercings at all, but if I was a female I probably would not have that done either.

Outaservice (who wonders if anyone ever had a piercing through their eyeball?)

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    What motivates people to have their tongues, eyebrows or scrotums pierced? Are the motives healthy?

A few years back, my daughter asked if she could have her navel pierced. I asked her why she wanted to do so. She said it looked cool and it was a popular thing to do. Her reasons aren't good enough in my opinion. The risk/reward ratio is skewed too highly toward health risks. I told her she could do so when she was able to pay her own medical bills.

I agree that it shouldn't be done just because it's popular. That's not at all why I did either of my piercings. They were carefully thought out and planned and the reasons behind them are very personal and sentimental. They represent something to me, about me, about my independence, and asserting it for once in my life. I still believe they are both attractive, and classy. I don't run around wearing belly baring tops or anything like that.

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Good Girl....Your naval is bee-yooo-ti-ful.
    Why, THANK YOU, Leolaia!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit