How do you feel about piercings?

by RichieRich 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Piercings are even more common than tattoos, and becoming more popular due to their relatively low cost and seeming temporary permanence.

OPINIONS?

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

here is mine....with my tat of my sons footprints

I love them....wife is thinking about a vertical hood

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Aww, Richie, you are after my own heart.

Well I'm still saving up money, working on my ink designs, but it will happen and very very soon!

But as for me and piercings I now am the proud owner of:

1) ears (since I was three or four)

2) navel (got it done in May)

3) nose (as of last Saturday)

So I guess THAT'S how I feel about piercings. They are my initial moves in physically asserting my own identity, regardless of what WTS or anyone else thinks of them.

~Good Girl/Bad Girl

• serendipity
    serendipity

It depends on what's pierced. ;-)

If my daughter came home with her earlobes pierced, ok. Tongues, eyebrows, nose, private parts, not ok.

If people want to mutilate themselves, it's their business. However they should be prepared for consequences of their actions. That includes being negatively perceived by old fogies in positions of authority, such as managers and police. Those perceptions could make life more difficult.

• rwagoner
    rwagoner
    being negatively perceived by old fogies in positions of authority, such as managers and police.

Actually most of the Police I work with (26 years) have tats and/or piercings. It is mainly gang & prison tattoos that they identify.

• tnangel73
    tnangel73

I think they are fine. Currently I only have my ears pierced. One hole in my left ear, and four in my right, two in the cartilage.I used to have my tongue pierced, but I took it out when I found out I was pregnant with my son. I had read that it could possibly cause a bacterial infection in the mother which could lead to the baby getting it and possibly death. I went a little health nut crazy when I was pregnant. Lol.

• Sam87
    Sam87

im ok with them, my nipple is peirced, so i guess that means im ok with the idea, lol

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Oh, and for the record...

lobes, 00 gauge and 8 gauge + 14g industrials (both ears

Septum

Tongue webbing (lingual frenulum)

nipples, 10g

navel, 8g (huh?)

Scrotum x 12, 10g

Geish, 2 gauge

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I only have two piercings in each ear. But may consider having other piercings in the future.

• toreador
    toreador

Nope, not a one. Not for me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit