They rang our bell!!

by dedpoet 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• andy2tanx
    andy2tanx

Change your sign on the door. Try something like.... Possessed Satanists live here. alternatively, do what I do. Answer the door making sure you have either just eaten a load of garlic or onions. Dont say a word, just stare. Let them do all their talking and continue to stare, preferably at something just over their shoulder. See how long they carry on talking to you. Its great fun!!

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

I just rang the po, and needless to say, he wasn't happy to hear from me! I told him that when I asked not to be called on, that meant not ringing my doorbell as well. I also metioned the brothers arrogance in assuming I was going to allow him into the building, and I informed him that I may write to the branch office, and if there are any further instances of this, he will be hearing from my solicitor.

I told him that the least I expect is a written apology, and if this is not forthcoming I will definitely take the matter further. He said, in his typically condescending way, that "having my doorbell rung isn't that much to get excited about", after which I told him that I didn't like his attitude, and I was definitely going to contact the co, branch office, and possibly my solicitor. after which I hung up.

If he'd just said sorry, we will apologise in writing, I'd have probably left it at that, but he couldn't resist having a little dig at me, so now he can face the consquences. I shall send letters to both the co and branch office tomorrow. Ill post the results when I get tham.

• juni
    juni

Dedpoet said:

Neither the guy or the woman with him are new - I know them both, and I've been out almost 7 years. He was a ministerial servant when I was one, might even be an elder now. I suppose he might have rung the bell by accident, but I think my reaction will ensure that he doesn't have another "accident" like that one lol!

Thanks for clarifying Trev. What a jerk! I don't know how it is done in UK, but years back we were told that when you have a secured lobby, you ring each bell and DO NOT take advantage of someone who answers and proceed to go in in order to get to the other apartments. That is called Trespassing here in the US. Maybe they've changed the policy again as we used to be told that we should use the situation to our advantage. I always felt like an intruder and stayed outside. I didn't care what the WT org. said. And if others wanted to go in then they could. I said I was not going to betray peoples' right to their privacy as that is why they live in locked apts.

Hopefully the idiot won't call back again.

Juni

• juni
    juni

You go Trev!!

What an arrogant a**. Can't you just feel the love of these people??

Juni

• zev
    zev

here is what hangs on my door, with the corrections to my mispelling made that are not shown here:

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Trev told me earlier about the jw ringing our bell, and I was here when he rang the po. His attitude doesn't surprise me, but hopefully we'll be able to make him pay for his arrogance, as well as the jw who rang our bell this morning. They have been told not to call on us under any circumstances, and as far as we are concerned, they should respect that instruction. I know the brother who rang our bell, he was appointed an elder not long after Trev left, and he is one of the most conceited jws I have ever had the displeasure of knowing. I'm not at all surprised he assumed he'd be able to come in the block when Trev opened the door, and I wouldn't mind betting he rang our bell on purpose.

I may just have to mention this at work, within earshot of the jw inour office. I know that if I do, the story will be all round the kh by Sunday at the latest.

• nelly136
    nelly136

an old ex elder i knew from wales used to collect peoples names and addresses for a do not call list and then post them all off to the kingdom hall, allegedly he did very well with that and it meant that the people that didnt sign the Do not call got called on twice as often in that area cos it started cutting down the territory a bit.

maybe you could trot round the block you live in and collect a few names for a Do not call list, then they wont need to ring at all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit