They rang our bell!!

by dedpoet 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

I was told that even if you write a letter, they will come back 1 time a year to see if you still live there or if you have changed your mind.

I called and spoke to the legal department and they said write a letter, which I did.

I thought it had worked until this weekend!

I think the JW's are all about show. Wouldn't it be a big feather in their cap if they got someone with a do not call to convert! They'd be like Kingdumb Hell Heroes! Bleck!

Best Regards,

Chrystal

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

I remember when I was a publisher we would sometimes call on "Do not calls" because the hugely capable and qualified (i.e. has external genitalia) person with the map hadn't bothered to check or tell anyone where they were. However, it sounds like he knew exactly what he was doing.

How rude and arrogant - trying to push past you! I think you should definately follow through your threat to contact the PO and the branch. Don't let him get away with it.

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

How rude and arrogant - trying to push past you! I think you should definately follow through your threat to contact the PO and the branch. Don't let him get away with it.

Well, the guy wasn't well known for having good manners when I was a jw, and it doesn't look like he's improved with age! He mumbled something unintelligible when I asked him why he'd rung my bell, apart from telling me he wasn't going to knock on my door, and seemed to think, as I'd opened the door, that meant I was letting him in, how wrong he was! I told him about contacting the po, co etc, told him to try someone else's bell, and closed the door on him, which I don't think pleased him much lol!

I will probably ring the po later, I'm sure he'll be delighted to hear from me!

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

dedpoet

Im glad you didnt let them in!The arrogance of these people is bloody astounding ,thinking they could push past you and disturb other residents.If he rang YOUR bell and wasnt allowed in by you...he would have been clearly trespassing!

Good work fella!

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

And just imagine this -- I would love for them to come to my door so I could aggrivate them and they won't come. I just bought a new house about 2 miles from a kingdom hall so I'm hoping they will visit now. They keep coming during the freaking day when there's no way anyone is going to be home. I'm sad I didn't get a Knews either. They did leave something in my door before the campaign and my mother in law grabbed it out of my door and threw both of ours away. I've trained her well! LOL

Renee

• Clam
    Clam
    "RELIGIOUS GROUPS WELCOME EXCEPT FOR JEHOVAHS WITNESSES",

Maybe that's too subtle then, . . or ambigious. ?

• dedpoet
    dedpoet
    "RELIGIOUS GROUPS WELCOME EXCEPT FOR JEHOVAHS WITNESSES",

Maybe that's too subtle then, . . or ambigious. ?

Maybe it is Clam, it wouldn't be difficult to be too subtle for most jws I know. I am ringing the po in a short while, I'll post the results of our conversation later.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Sounds to me like he rang your bell in order to gain entry into your block of flats and thought he could bully his way past you as opposed to a total stranger. Here in the U.S. there are more and more gated communities that require a password to enter and Witnesses have been known to wait until someone goes in and then tailgate in with them.

So they'll be THAT rude just to get into a locked area but don't bother to work the wide open neighborhood that I live in -- I think they need to adjust their priorities.

Nina

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

I think the way to keep them from calling on you is to tell them they are welcome to call on you.

Witnesses finally visited my neighborhood last year. and elder and pioneer. i told them i was inactive and having a hard time adjusting to being divorced, and that they were welcome to call on me and bring me current magazines.

i've never seen them again.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Next time the JW knock on your door ask them for thier address and phone # and say yoou will call on them to talk about why you don't beleive the Bible is God's word, and share with them all the contridictions you found in the bible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit