Reflecting on a year of freedom

by fullofdoubtnow 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Hi

I was looking forward to meeting you at the apostacurry but it wasn't to be (for now)

Wow 5000 posts in a year!!!

It took me 5 years to hit 500

• Ellie
    Ellie

Linda, you sound so happy and in love, I'm so pleased for you, celebrate your year out to the max and look forward to the next.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Ellie said

celebrate your year out to the max and look forward to the next.

Well, I am going to do that, but I don't know how yet, Trev has something planned, but he refuses to tell me what it is, so I am in for a surprise on Wednesday, it seems. All he will say is that "all will be revealed on the night" - very mysterious, but I do know I will enjoy it. He says it's a special date for him as well, as he was able to play such a big part in making it possible, so whatever he has in store for me on Wednesday, I can barely wait.

I sometimes feel that I must be the luckiest person in the whole world, having someone like him in my life.

Linda

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

So many things to think about, to bring happiness here.

You are being true to yourself - in that lies not mere happiness, but ecstasy.

HB

• juni
    juni

Dearest Linda,

You know how much I appreciate your friendship! I post something or put out a Topic for discussion and there you are! A good feeling runs through me 'cause there's my friend w/her viewpoint or encouragement.

You are a wonderful person sweetie. Trev also is very lucky to have you. I am just so happy for you that you have found your soulmate in life. And mum is going to be all right and your wedding to look forward to next year. By the way, you'd make a great teacher! You have a lot to offer and you always have a kind word and sensible answer. And you can get "tough" when the need arises!!

I don't know what else to say only that I love you as one of the sweetest persons I've come to know.

I wish you all the best and congratulations on your 5000th post! Wow!

Hugs with love,

Juni

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Good for you, congradulations.

I'm not going to live forever now, and Neither are they.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I congratulate you on your milestone. I hope the celebration was marvelous.

I look forward and hope to see my wife and I celebrating freedom from the WTS together one day, so keep giving me hope.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

(((Linda & Trev)))

I hope there's room for three people in a hug.

Anyway, good for you and good for yanking life by the shoulders and grabbing all ya can from it. In honor of your bid day, here's a poem for you. I wrote it a couple of years ago before I knew anything about rhyme and meter, but I think you might enjoy it.

How To Live Life

Life is to be lived with gusto.
    Those who fear making mistakes,
    make the biggest one of all.

Live life.
    Love it.
    Let others see that you love it.
    Help them to love it too.

When you look back on life,
    the moments that will stand out
    the strongest
    and have the most meaning
    are those moments
    where you embraced life
    and yanked everything you could from it.

Don’t worry,
    either,
    you won’t break life.
    Our lives may be fragile,
    but life itself isn’t. I hope you have a great life with Trevor and I hope the two of you wrangle every ounce of fun out of it that you can handle.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit