The Governing Body said it ... are you ready !!!!!!!!!!!!

by run dont walk 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

I was at a funeral this weekend, the first time i'd been in a Kingdom Hall in 13 years, the talk was short about a half hour, and all JW stuff as expected, but the one part of the talk made me laugh, the speaker said :

"We (a group of elders), had the oppourtunity to speak with a member of the governing body at the assembly, and He said : "We the governing body are confident that Armageddon is close, and are ready for Jehovah's Day, ARE YOU READY ???""

I couldn't believe my ears, they will never learn. It seems the farther up the ladder someone is the stupider they get.

What a thing to say, especially when there was a lot of people that were not JW's, I thought it was tasteless.

Once again, scare, scare, scare, fear, fear, fear, wow, they have the rank and file believing this crap.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    What a thing to say, especially when there was a lot of people that were not JW's, I thought it was tasteless

Why say that at a funeral............that is more than tasteless. We had a elder do my brothers funeral, and even with him knowing there were going to be more non jw's than jw's......he went all over the bible, scripture after scripture, exasperating people there. A funeral is the last place people need to promote their cause.

purps

• proplog2
    proplog2

Do you know any authorities that are more competent to speak out on how near the end is?

They've been doing it a long time.

It's like getting stock picks from someone who has never made a dime in the stock market.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Yeah I'm ready. Ready to roll my eyes.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

They use every opportunity to preach, even funerals, so I'm not surprised by this, though it is very insensitive to say such things, as the majority of the non jws there would be unlikely to have the slightest idea what they are talking about anyway. But when have most jw elders ever been sensitive about peoples feelings anyway?

• Gregor
    Gregor

Too bad they didn't define the word "close". It means nothing. It was "close" in the '30's when they said millions now living will never die, and it was "close" in '66 when they began to promote '75. and 31 years later it is still "close". I really think the rank and file WANT to be strung along, it's what keeps them going. Like Winnie the Pooh said "Hunny yesterday and hunny tomorrow, but never hunny today"

• freetosee
    freetosee

When the gb speaks it is like Jehovah speaking himself! Recieving direct instructions from the mouth of a gb member is the greatest possible privilege. One must be very important to recive this privilege and the message must be ever so important and true. nevermind what non-jws think, the gb member are the greatest men on earth. ARE YOU NOT READY TO OBEY?!!! lol

76.gif

• blondie
    blondie

I learned after 50 years of association with the WTS that even if I personally heard a GB member say something (not told to me by someone who said they heard it), it was questionable, especially if it wasn't from a manuscript talk.

I also know that unless it appears in print in an official WT publication it is not "from the GB." Individual GB members have gone off half-cocked privately and on the platform in the past.

Besides the GB was sure the end was coming in 1975, October 1975, yet here JWs are 31 years later still waiting.

I wonder which GB member it was that was so presumptuous. Will anyone remember 5 years from now when the end still hasn't come.

Blondie

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

the GB have been saying that crap for years. I remember a story after I left bethel that there was a mprning worship where one of the GB's was commenting on the big a coming and got irate that some think it's delaying and went on to say ' The end is right around the corner and if you dont believe it you can join the rest of the world.'

This is there sensationalism at its best. The only end that is right around the corner is there own.

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

The rank and file get what they want....teachers who will tickle their ears.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit