The Governing Body said it ... are you ready !!!!!!!!!!!!

by run dont walk 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sam87
    Sam87
    This is there sensationalism at its best. The only end that is right around the corner is there own.

I agree Darth Frosty, hopefully closer than we all think.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit
    Now I know why something always seemed so wrong---the package was too perfectly wrapped, the deal was far too slick. Long gone are heartfelt spontaneity, the simplicity of the real Good News. Like so many here, I can never go back. There is no comfort coming from the platform, especially at memorial services. Again, condolences and sympathy.

Yours truly,

CoCo

Thank you.

It is a slick deal. The sad part is...1/2 of my family are dubs and apparently I was the only there (besides the non-dubs) who saw that it was just an ad. My Mom got a little honorary mention, "She died faithful." THAT was the most important thing about her. She was a mere prop, an opportunity. She was the fine print on the bottom of a TV car commercial.

The rest of the ad was, "Come be like us ! Happiest people on earth now, live forever, blah-blah, etc."

I've been told by non-dub relatives since then, "We were furious and disgusted at the whole funeral, they said almost nothing about your sweet Mom, it was all about that religion!"

So much for, "...giving a good witness," huh ?

Rabbit

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

They love to 'drop names', and this was the opportunity to do it.

Many could only quote a DO or CO saying this - having a GB member to credit it to is a special feather in the cap.

Pardon me whilst I puke.

Jeff

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Doesn't this sound like bragging? Why would they need to pass on this special piece of information to the attendees at this one funeral? They wouldn't. It was just a chance for Elder Thinkshesimportant and Elder Wantsattention can show that they know one of the rulers. They talk and talk about humility and everyone being equal and yet the reality is anything but that.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Makes me embarrased to be a human too

• BCZAR2ME
    BCZAR2ME

The Governing Body member was speaking to Elders and asked them, "Are you ready?"

"Amen, come Lord Jesus!"

bczar

• enlightenedcynic
    enlightenedcynic

Run Don't Walk,

My mother in law has a saying similar to your "higher up the ladder" remark. It goes......

The higher a monkey climbs, the more you can see of his a**!!!

I think that just about accurately describes those bastards at Bethel!!

ec

• Mary
    Mary

What a pathetic thing to say at a funeral......I don't think they realize how bad the Witnesses look when "worldly" people attend Dub funerals. The entire thing is nothing more than an infomercial for the Borg.

We the governing body are confident that Armageddon is close

Ya.....I'm confident I'm going to win the lottery tomorrow night. Doesn't mean it's actually gonna happen. I think the older the GB gets, the stoopider they get.....either that or maybe they sit around the Board Room going: "...You know what, we've screwed up for decades and we've got one foot in the grave.....who wants to go out with a bang?!"

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

What a thing to say, especially when there was a lot of people that were not JW's, I thought it was tasteless.

All the weddings and funerals are supposed to be the exact same 2 outlines. They are allowing less and less freedom to put in personal stuff. I had the honor of eulogizing my Grandfather who was not a JW at a funeral home. I was an active elder, but I recognized that only a couple of family would be JW's, and many people from my mother's congregation. I stuck to Grandpa's beliefs in looking to nature for beauty and purpose in life. I talked about his life and his beliefs. I never mentioned Jehovah at all. The JW's there loved my eulogy, but asked why I didn't use the opportunity to witness to the family. These folks are amazing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit