OK girls, tell me what I did wrong.

by Abandoned 43 Replies latest social relationships

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Here's the situation. There's this girl at work who I've been kidding around with for a couple months. We laugh and joke and I thought we were pretty good friends. Well, she was late a few times and forgot to show up a few times and now she's on her last warning. Well, when she found out she was crying and that tore me apart so I gave her my phone number and told her to call me if she wanted to talk.

She called me about an hour after we both got off work and we talked all afternoon. I have been tempted to ask her out for awhile, but I was hesitant due to the jw baggage that I have and all. Well, it turns out that she has quite a bit of baggage too and so finding that out gave me the courage to ask her out because since we'er both screwed up, we can't really complain about the other right?

Well, toward the end of that call, asked her out for this Saturday (today). That was on Wednesday. Thursday was her birthday and I was tempted to send some flowers or something but this is our first date and I didn't wan to come off too strong either so I just bought her a card and was going to give it to her tonight. I didn't work Thursday or Friday so I go into work today and she's there. I say, "hi," to her and smile and brrrrr, I nearly froze to death from her reaction. I wasn't expecting it at all but I decided to just figure she's having a bad morning or something so I just told her it was good to see her and went to work. She was cold to me all day and then when I got off I told her, "see you at six." We were supposed to meet for our date at six. Well, she tells me that something has come up but that she'll call me if she can still go.

OK, let me have it. What the heck did I do to mess this one up?

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

it doesnt sound like you did anything wrong.. it's probably her own baggage and craziness kickin in.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Maybe nothing, she might have thought it was not a good idea to go out with someone from work esp, since she might get canned.

Or maybe, she was vulnerable when she called you, and then you wanted to go out with her.maybe she is a bit embarrassed about being open with you......and maybe she has a hard time excepting kindness.

But that is pretty crappy, she did not tell you sooner that something came up. Makes me wonder if she was just going to stand you up.

purps

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

You didn't do anything wrong. Mostlikely she doesn't like you that way but didn't have the backbone to decline your offer of a date. I would leave that alone and move on.

Josie

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the kind words. I'm still a bit bummed, but I'll be fine. In fact, I may just go see the movie by myself.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Maybe you should have called on Thursday and told her "happy birthday". That's the only thing I see. Sure, any girl wants flowers and all. But, seeing how you haven't gone out yet- you should be ok there.

Gee, I hate it that you won't have a date tonight. How fast can you get to Missouri?? Just joking!!

shell

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I don't think you did anything wrong.

I agree with purps, maybe she doesn't think it's a good idea to date a work colleague, but doesn't know how to tell you. Having said that, if that is her thought on the matter, she shouldn't have agreed to the date in the first place.

Linda

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Maybe you should have called on Thursday and told her "happy birthday". That's the only thing I see. Sure, any girl wants flowers and all. But, seeing how you haven't gone out yet- you should be ok there.

I did call her on Thursday. The only thing I can think of is I told her I bought her a b-day card and that I may bring it by work on Friday. I didn't stop by though. I guess this could be the problem, but I didn't want to let on that we were going on a date until something actually developed. Oh well. I may never know.

Thanks fullofdoubtnow, I appreciate the kind words. One thing I forgot when telling the story was how she was joking with just about everyone else there but me. It's as if she went out of her way to be cold to me. I guess I'm better off without such a drama queen anyway.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Geez, women.

I don't think you did anything wrong either.

If she's the overly sensitive type: Maybe she expected a call on Thursday to tell her "happy birthday". Perhaps she thought you might have been taking advantage of her vulnerability by asking her out at the end of your call on Wednesday. Maybe she's a game player. Maybe she's a psycho chick.

Or just maybe something really did come up.

(BTW, I agree with the others: I don't think it's advisable to date a coworker.)

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb
    I guess I'm better off without such a drama queen anyway.

Yes, you are!!!! Linda was right about dating someone from work!! Go out and have yourself some fun!! If you get really bored, a few of us are usually on chat in the evenings!!

shell

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit