creepy words to K Hall "hymn"

by truthsearcher 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

Do any of you have the creepy words to the hymn with the line "Loyal submission, in recognition..." When I heard it sung, it made my skin crawl because I knew they were actually singing to the ORGANIZATION not to Jehovah. It made me think of a facist rally and I realized this was MIND CONTROL at its best--music has been shown to be a huge indoctrinational (is that even a word?) tool.(<--That's how I must have looked during the "hymn")

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I think you maen "loyally submitting to theocratic order", which is on this link:

http://www.watchtowerinformationservice.org/index.php/watchtower_quotes/do/sing_praises

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

Thanks, that was the song. Does anyone else find it disturbing? Or am I being hypersensitive?

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Yes now that I think of it, it's pretty creepy.

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

theocratic order we must obey...

yep...

creepy

I always thought the song "from house to house from door to door...blah blah blah blah blaaaaaaaah" was a nutty song...it was like self glorification...I haven't seen those lyrics for years

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Truthsearcher,

Welcome to the board and thanx, Fullofdoubtnow, for the link.

Loyally Submitting to Theocratic Order, Song # 8

Loyal submission in recognition,

This to our God we owe.

He gives protection tender affection,

Loyalty to him we show.

I understand your point, Truth; however it appears that the submission is rendered unto God. But sometimes there is more than meets the eye and ear! Interestingly, this was the very first song we ever sang out of the new book. This hymnal is more a series of arrangements for the piano, whereas the older pink song book (binding of which was my job at Bethel) is better suited to vocalists as it is arranged in four-part harmony. Kingdom Hall piano players notice these things. If they ever take up choir practice at the KH, they best scare up a few copies of Old Pinky!

Songfully yours,

CoCo

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I think it points to loyalty to the organisation as much as God, with all that remaining united bs. It's almost as if it was written to praise them as well as jehovah.

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

It seems to me that this is a classic case of doublethink. On the surface it seems to be about God.

The title is about submission to the "theocractic order" which means the organization. The words of the chorus really say, We owe it to Jehovah to submit loyally to the organization.

I was sure JWs would sing the classic and stirring Welsh hymn Guide Me O Thou Great Jehovah in it (see words below), but then I realized that it takes the organization out of the equation. The feeding is from Jehovah, not the org. Jehovah is guiding, not the org. Too much independant thinking (plus verse 3 mentions being saved from hell). Definitely a no-no!

Guide Me O Thou Great Jehovah

Pilgrim Through this barren land

I am weak but Thou are Mighty

Hold Me With Thy Steadfast Hand

Bread of Heaven, Bread of Heaven

Feed Me Till I Want No More

Feed Me Till I Want No More.

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

One more thing, Coco, I did notice that this was difficult for the people to sing...

And now I digress: what about the fact that all KHalls (I was told) now just use a CD to sing along to, instead of a live pianist? So even if there was a qualified pianist, they would still have to use a canned accompaniment? And there is no digression from the orgs preselected songs...sounds medieval and ritualistic. For the sake of UNITY?

• jgnat
    jgnat

You know what is creepier? I've only attended a handful of services over the years, yet I have that jingle in my head. I wonder how many times a year they sing that baby?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit