For what purpose did Brooklyn Bethel keep records of accussed pedophiles?

by Gill 13 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Oh, I see, so you're saying that the accusations must be made 70 times 7 times, and then the WBTS pulls the abuse records and does something about the abuser? Sounds pretty Biblical to me.

• SB
    SB
    I dont know why they would keep records of "accused"paeodophiles.I would understand why they would have records of the convicted though.

they can't get convicted if they are never reported to the authorities. and then there is that scripture, "let no man of God stand accused"...(i'm bad at remembering where verses are though...). If I have understood correctly all these years, all it takes is being accused of something to have your "privledges" (i'm a horrible speller, sorry - i'm signed up for an english class this spring!) removed. So...how many things are the GB accused of? who can remove them? only each other? that's a frat house isn't it? held together by the bonds of brotherhood...

but, i ramble. :)

SB

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

I think it was also to do internal background checks on future appointments.

• Pahpa
    Pahpa

It's the nature of any authoritarian organization to keep a tight control over those whom they have control. The elders keep these records in the local Kingdom Halls. In turn, they keep the Watchtower informed for their extensive records of all congregations. The elders and leaders of the Watchtower may justify these secret files by claiming the necessity of "keeping the organization clean." But can anyone imagine the early Christians doing this?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit