For what purpose did Brooklyn Bethel keep records of accussed pedophiles?

by Gill 13 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Gill
    Gill

I was wondering this, as I remember that Leo Greenlees was just moved to another congregation and that was all.

So why keep records if they weren't going to use them?

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Child abuse allegations, along with any other allegations, are supposed to be investigated by the elders, and records are kept of the investigation and any action, or in the case of child abuse usually inaction, taken. That was how Bill Bowen discovered the case of child abuse in the congregation he was presiding over, as he was going through cong records and came across the report.

I guess it's just something they do, as they obviously don't act on the investigation by informing the authorities unless they are forced to. It's also a control mechanism to a degree, a "we know what you've done in the past, we have it on file" type of scenario.

• Legolas
    Legolas
    For what purpose did Brooklyn Bethel keep records of accussed pedophiles?

That is a good question!

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

I dont know why they would keep records of "accused"paeodophiles.I would understand why they would have records of the convicted though.

Buit ive never bought into this accusation that the JW,s are a paeodophile paradise either.The list 0f 23,000 abusers kept on file at bethel hq or whatever the number was that was mentioned on panorama/dateline, i also find to be ridiculous.I sincerely think some People are just self publicists who enjoyed some fame on tv.

This is NOT to say though that cases of abuse dont exist in the Congregation.Clearly they do.I knew of at least 2 in my area.

• Lapuce
    Lapuce

To be used as a bribe maybe ???

• blondie
    blondie

The elder bodies send a report to headquarters regarding all people who are da'd, df'd, and reproved. Pedophiles would be in those reports. So it is not just pedophiles that are kept track of but all JWs who have been da'd, df'd, and reproved.

Ask why does the WTS keep records of those people, not just the pedophiles.

Blondie

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

I wish I could see my records.....It is all a haze for me since at the time i DA'd I was severley depressed with post partum. I don't even know what I wrote to the elders. I suppose we are not allowed to request them, huh....so much secrecy!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

but they do use them against you - see Ray Franz Crisis of Conscience edition 1 - like keeping galss jars with bits of dirt in - just in case needed one day

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

They keep the records for numerous reasons: 1. They're proud of their bureaucracy, organization, and "accomplishments,"(like the Nazis were); 2. Marking, (as in the Scarlet Letter, whether the allegations are true or not); 3. Blackmail of all involved, including the victims for the purpose of 4. Controlling information to protect the bureaucracy of the Watchtower Society,and quite possibly for 5. CYA (Cover Your A$$), (which has apparently backfired, and for good reason, as is the case with the recent California ruling against the JWs, in favor of plaintiffs seeking the records regarding abuse). Thank goodness for the "Peter Principle" as far as the WTBTS bureaucracy is concerned. Also, maybe they try to be careful about not alienating rich pedophiles (and/or their friends) in the organization for fear of losing the almighty dollars they provide.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

> For what purpose did Brooklyn Bethel keep records of accussed pedophiles?

They keep the information dispite the command of the bible. The WTS is more interested in control and power than following the bible.

Matt 18:21,22 "Then Peter came and said to him, "Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Until seven times?" Jesus said to him, "I don't tell you until seven times, but, until seventy times seven."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit