Retiring today!

by iamfreenow 25 Replies latest jw friends

• iamfreenow
    iamfreenow

Today is my 60th birthday, so I am now officially retired! Actually, my last day at work was yesterday, and my colleagues gave me flowers, wine, chocolate and took me out to lunch.

This is the first birthday I've ever had as a non Jehovahs Witness, and it feels very strange to be even acknowledging it, let alone celebrating. I am going out tomorrow evening with Trev, Linda and a few other fading or former JWs for a curry at a local restaraunt, which I'm very much looking forward to. Linda suggested it a few weeks ago, and I had the impression that there was only going to be her, Trev and a fader who helps write Trevs website there, but apparently there will be 12 of us, so it's going to be my first ever birthday party! I'm sure we will have a lovely evening, the first of many.

love

Marion

• fokyc
    fokyc

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

and Happy Retirement

fokyc

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Marion

sounds great!!! Have a couple for beers for me!

Pope

• bubble
    bubble

Hi Marion, I already sung Happy Birthday to you on your other thread, now I have to do it again.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR MARION
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Wow, that's great, congratulations.

• luna2
    luna2

Happy Birthday, Marion! Hope you have a lovely birthday curry party.

Congrats on the retirement too. I envy you. I can't imagine ever being able to retire.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Happy birthday and retirement!!

I started another birthday thread for you, cause I hadn't seen this one yet!!

shell

• misguided
    misguided

Happy Birthday Marion!

Happy Retirement Marion!

You deserve some recognition today!

(((Marion)))

Rose

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    I am going out tomorrow evening with Trev, Linda and a few other fading or former JWs for a curry at a local restaraunt, which I'm very much looking forward to.

As an ignorant American, I must ask - what is a 'curry'? Not a term I have ever heard of except on this board. My 'curry'-osity is up!

Jeff

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

Congratulations, Marion.

I can thoroughly recommend this retirement business.

Best Wishes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit