Retiring today!

by iamfreenow 25 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

Ignorant of curry? You poor man. http://www.epicurious.com/bonappetit/cooking_class/curry

Happy birthday, iamfreenow!

It's a treat, you know, to see people celebrate these simple things for the first time. Think about it, you are like new-born babe on your 60th birthday! Enjoy.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Thanx Janet. I had heard of curry - as in the spice, and certain dishes [as the one you ref here]. It just seems there is yet another def? Referring to a nite out? They had the 'aposta-curry' this summer in UK. Does this mean that when one goes to a 'curry', one eats a particular type of meal?

Jeff

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yes, I'm sure that's it, AK-Jeff. Here's a tip. To cool the palate, don't drink water. Drink milk.

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

Others will explain this better, but here goes.

The most popular type of restaurant/take-away in the UK (I think) is 'Indian' (or Bangladeshi, or similar). The 'typical' or most favourite dish in the UK is Chicken Tikka Masala. Many dishes served in Indian restaurants are unknown in the sub-continent and were created specifically for the British market.

It is a tradition (relatively recent) in the UK, especially after an evening drinking beer, to go for a 'curry', i.e. an Indian-type meal. Macho types go for the hottest, spiciest, dishes, often accompanied by much Tiger or Cobra lager.

I understand that a company somewhere in the UK is now the world's largest producer of Indian food.

HTH.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARION, AND HAPPY RETIREMENT!!!

love

Linda and Trev

• garybuss
    garybuss

Congratulations and happy birthday.

• Legolas
  • lawrence
    lawrence

CONGRATULATIONS AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Wishing you a great year!

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

Happy Birthday to you

Happy Birthday to you

Happy Birthday dear Marion

Happy Birthday to you

and best wishes for a very happy retirement !

Sorry we weren't able to meet you at the recent Apostacurry - it was great to meet others including Trev.

Have a lovely evening

Twinkeltoes and Kaytee

• FreeChick
    FreeChick

Happy Birthday!

Enjoy your special day.

FreeChick

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit