My new pink scarf

by jgnat 21 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I`m the only guy on the Knitting Thread..I`m surrounded by women..I can die a happy man ..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• FreeChick
    FreeChick

jgnat,

It is a beautiful scarf and I'm happy you are getting it for yourself. It was fun chatting with you this evening.

FreeeeeeeeChick

• compound complex
    compound complex

Ht jgnat,

Pretty in pink! I was hoping for a little fluff this time around because I just wasn't in the mood for heavy-duty-serious-type-religious stuff. Of course, that could change momentarily! In regard to Scully's comment about material difficult to work with: when doing window treatments with sheer fabric for clients, I'd go nuts handling it as it's always slip-sliding away from start to finish (sewing to ironing to hanging). And OUTLAW, you're not alone here! Let's keep this knitting "thread" alive!

Sartorially (sort of) yours,

CoCo (in curtains)

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hi Jgnat,

I meant "Hi", not "Ht"! By the way, I love Peaches! (your thread and the delectable, succulent rosy orb)

In the pink,

CoCo

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Congrats Jgnat.

• iamfreenow
    iamfreenow

That's lovely jgnat, it looks very warm as well, just in time for winter.

I enjoy knitting myself, having learned it from my mother at an early age.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Aww, that's cute!! I can do any craft, except knit or crochet!! How I wish I could.

Scully, those are really cute socks, too!!

This is my first winter in the REALLY cold!! Couldn't one of you knit or crochet me some gloes, and a scarf?? Or how about a really, really big body suit?!?! Just kidding!!

It's sssooo cold here!! I miss texas!! coldcold2

• jgnat
    jgnat

Knitting takes me back to one of my warmest memories of childhood. I'm left handed, and my mother despaired of ever teaching me to knit. On a visit to Ontario, my grandma spent an afternoon and taught me. I'll never forget her patience. So, to give that gift back to Naomi seems so right. Righties get a headache watching me, because I do everything in reverse. I can't follow written knitting instructions, so I bumble away on my own.

I do think big needles are the key with these big fancy yarns. I also didn't mess with knit and purl on this one. I was too wound up to concentrate. With all the fluff, you can't tell anyways.

Those are georgeous little sockies, Scully.

A knitting OUTLAW. That seems so apropos. It's so cute that men came to visit my pink thread.

I started to see people knitting again a couple years back. There is a YEARNING in our society to step back, to work with our hands, to SLOW DOWN to enjoy the simpler pleasures. When I am feeling particularly funky, I knit in public. It gives me pleasure to think I am doing something AU COURANT and COOL. Especially in front of my granddaughter.

• Will Power
    Will Power

hi jgnat! hey I'm left handed too! LOL I had a granny teach me too - not pretty but we got'er done. I used to knit constantly, then put it down about 15 yrs ago and havent since lovely scarf.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

jgnat, Hello. Your pink scarf is very nice. It is nice to have a hobby or something to do to occupy oneself I like to sit and play my guitar and sing. Have a great day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit