My new pink scarf

by jgnat 21 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

Here's my new pink scarf, knitted in five days. It's pink and long and very fluffy. It absorbed a lot of hyper energy, as I'm coming off a very stressful month at work. Naomi asked if it was hers, and I told her, "not this time". I've knitted three in a row, and this one's MINE.

But I promised to teach her to knit instead. She blossomed at that.

Isn't it cute?

• misguided
    misguided

Very pretty jgnat!

Congrats on your present to yourself...you deserve it!

Rose

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Very nice jgnat!

(gets in line behind Naomi to learn the art of knitting)

• Jobees
    Jobees

I love it!!!!! I signed off of chat just as I read your comment, I felt bad, so I'm glad that you posted this. It's really adorable. CC

• Scully
    Scully

It's so pretty!!

Fluffy yarn like that is a pain in the butt to work with... I tried one simple scarf pattern with fluffy yarn and just kept losing stitches. Very frustrating!!! I prefer knitting for relaxation. Give me some nice sock yarn and I'm a happy gal.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    Fluffy yarn like that is a pain in the butt to work with... I tried one simple scarf pattern with fluffy yarn and just kept losing stitches. Very frustrating!!!

I know what you mean Scully, I don't knit but I do crochet and have been making an afghan with that bulky yarn, the trick I finally figured out is to use a huge hook, I think it's a "Q"! The pattern called for a much smaller one but I found it too frustrating, plus the eyes are going in my elder years, sigh.

I wonder if using bigger needles would make a difference in knitting it sure did in crocheting. You might give it a try.

• Scully
    Scully

I know what you mean Scully, I don't knit but I do crochet and have been making an afghan with that bulky yarn, the trick I finally figured out is to use a huge hook, I think it's a "Q"! The pattern called for a much smaller one but I found it too frustrating, plus the eyes are going in my elder years, sigh.

I wonder if using bigger needles would make a difference in knitting it sure did in crocheting. You might give it a try.

I'm not crazy about using really big knitting needles or crochet hooks... they make my hands cramp up!! The pattern I tried before was a sweater for one of my kids, using "Snowflake" yarn on 6.0mm (size 10 US) needles. I couldn't keep track of the stitches - it was hard to distinguish knit from purl! I just gave up. It wasn't worth the frustration!

I did a few scarves using chunky yarn and 10mm (size N US) and zipped right through it in an evening!

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    I'm not crazy about using really big knitting needles or crochet hooks... they make my hands cramp up!!

I haven't had that problem yet.....but you are right it sure goes faster!

BTW forgot to tell you the baby socks are darn cute!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Jgnat..My aunt taught me how to knit when I was a kid..Nice thread...OUTLAW

• bebu
    bebu

Well done, jgnat! I don't care for many scarves I see these days, but that one looks unusually nice. Nice fluffy yarn!

bebu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit