OJ SIMPSON sez: "IF I did it...Here's how I would have done it..."

by Rabbit 41 Replies latest social current

• hambeak
    hambeak

Thanks Big Tex I will read the book. I read Helter Skelter by the same author. A bit of trivia here In the state of Texas do you know who makes the state inspection stickers we all need for our vehicles? None other than Tex Watson of the Manson gang.

• juni
    juni

Thanks Mary for the info. I also watched that dang trial. What a circus. But I do feel that there was an abundance of evidence against OJ. And remember the duffle bag that a witness saw him dispose of at the airport? Do you remember what happened to that evidence Mare? Also they had those 2 Akitas as guard dogs. I met up w/an akita in field service. Dang if I was going into his territory - to hell w/crossing the alligator infested river !! lol Had to be someone who the dogs knew.

And who in their right mind would go on TV to say how they would've have done the job! That is sick in itself. OJ has a HUGE EGO. I feel so bad for the Goldmanns and Nicole's family.

Seems like he's still rubbing their faces in it.

Juni

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    A bit of trivia here In the state of Texas do you know who makes the state inspection stickers we all need for our vehicles? None other than Tex Watson of the Manson gang.

I didn't know that

How comes he's incarcerated here rather than California?

Bugliosi is a good author and the lasting memory I have is how stunningly incompetent the prosecutors were. If ever there was an open-and-shut case this was it, and yet they still botched it. Bugliosi really tears them apart, and justifably so. He had experience in dealing with a circus trial with Manson, so he knows what he's talking about.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    While I agree OJ is pond scum, I am really appalled that the Fox network would stoop so low. I mean, are there no f@#$%ing standards left?

I heard Barbara Walters say yesterday that she was offered "the deal" to do this but she said "no thanks". Unfortunately, people WILL be drawn to this interview only for the sheer fascination of it when it airs, just for the notoriety of this unending saga.

OJ is playing the public AND the media like a violin, and has no ethics, morals or scruples at ALL. I think that HE feels he has been out of the public eye long enough and that he has maneuvered this distasteful way of pulling this interview together to satisfy this longing.

I was one of those that watched the trial every living minute it was ON and I have no doubt that he is and was guilty as hell. Mary was right on target in her post. OJ is slick and oily and has developed the art of lying to an alltime high. He is so crazed for attention (and more than likely thinks he needs the $$$ this will generate) that he is willing to further embarrass himself and his poor kids in order to keep coming back into the limelight periodically.

I don't usually feel this strongly about "people in the news", but this guy is a special case. Personally speaking.....if a sniper took him out when he was riding around in his golf cart while smugly waving to his "fans"......I would watch the media coverage on THAT......maybe.

• hambeak
    hambeak

I have no clue why Tex Watson is in Huntsville but in my classes with dps we learned the most cushy job the only one that is air-conditioned at the prison is the one he has. Some paradox huh? A cruel killer like him should get the needle.

As for OJ I think a lot of people are interested in his crap simply out of morbid curiosity. I agree if Vincent Bugliosi was the prosecutor and a different Judge and a wider scope of jurors it may have turned out differently. I never watched the tv about his case only saw some news reports so I guess all these years I for some reason thought him innocent in some way but never really sure. I guess it just proves how the news media can influence someones idea of something depending on which source of news you listen to.

• willyloman
    willyloman

One of the posts above reminded me of the day the jury came back in the criminal trial with a "not guilty" verdict. I caught it live on TV in the employee break room where I worked. There were probably 50 employees in the room staring at the TV when the verdict was read. While most of the people in the room were white, six or seven black workers had also come in to watch the decision.

When the verdict was announced, the mixed reaction was 100% along racial lines - I vivdly remember looking around and all the white people had their mouths open and were in shock; they could not believe what they were hearing. On the other hand, the several black people were all smiles and high-fives, and danced out of the room laughing out loud.

It was a very awkward, uncomfortable moment (from my point of view - I'm white) and spoke volumes abot the racial divide in this country.

• heathen
    heathen

Yah if somebody had killed my wife and framed me for it , I think I would have something other than , how I might have done the crime , to say. Just his whole attitude does not portray the anger that one would feel in such a situation , instead he can't wait to get on the golf course . I believe he has the right to work in this country but the only thing he knows is the celebrity thing so he of course is taking one last all or nothing shot at that . It's be real nice if the american justice system didn't have to face it's incompetence again. I know the black people have been used and abused in this country but to simply feel glad that a murderer is let off scott free just so you can stick it to the man is a pretty sick mentality . I mostly feel for the simpson children who are now caught in the middle and fighting to believe that daddy is not a murderer .

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

He got away with murder--he ought to just shut up!

I'm taking this book by Simpson as his confession, in his own sick, twisted way.

I do as well.

I feel like someone is bound to get him one day.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

UPDATE

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061116/ap_on_re_us/simpson_interview

Victims' families lash out at Simpson Thu Nov 16, 9:53 AM ET

Relatives of the victims in the Simpson slayings case are lashing out at the planned publication of a book by O.J. Simpson in which he discusses how he would have committed the killings of his ex-wife and her friend "if I did it."

"He destroyed my son and took from my family Ron's future and life. And for that I'll hate him always and find him despicable," Fred Goldman said in an interview broadcast Thursday on ABC's "Good Morning America."

The book, "If I Did It," is being published by ReganBooks, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers. It goes on sale Nov. 30. Fox, which like Harper Collins is owned by News Corp., is airing a two-part TV interview of Simpson on Nov. 27 and 29.

Denise Brown, sister of Nicole Brown Simpson, accused publisher Judith Regan of "promoting the wrongdoing of criminals" and commercializing abuse.

She added: "It's unfortunate that Simpson has decided to awaken a nightmare that we have painfully endured and worked so hard to move beyond."

Regan refused to say what Simpson is being paid for the book, which is being offered for $16.47. She said he came to her with the idea.

"This is an historic case, and I consider this his confession," Regan told The Associated Press.

In a brief promotional clip from the interview posted on Fox's Web site, Simpson, says, "I don't think any two people could be murdered without everybody being covered in blood."

He is also seen setting aside a copy of a book he is reading from and saying, "I can't do no more of this." Neither the title of the book nor the context for his statements was provided.

Simpson did not return numerous calls for comment. Simpson's own attorney Yale Galanter said he did not know about the book or the interview until this week.

Simpson was acquitted in 1995 of murder in the 1994 slayings of his ex-wife Nicole and her friend Ron Goldman after a trial that became a cultural flashpoint and a source of racial tension. He was later found liable for the deaths in a wrongful-death suit filed by the Goldman family but has failed to pay the $33.5 million judgment.

His National Football League pension and his Florida home cannot legally be seized. He and the families of the victims have wrangled over the money in court for years.

The families could go after the proceeds from the book's sales to pay off the judgment. But one legal analyst said there are ways to get around that requirement — such as having proceeds not go directly to Simpson.

"Clever lawyering can get you a long way," said Laurie Levenson, a Loyola University law school professor and former federal prosecutor who has followed the case closely.

As explosive as the interview or book may be, the criminal justice system's protection against double jeopardy means Simpson's book should not expose him to any new criminal charges, she said.

"He's snubbing his finger to the system, to the community again," Goldman's sister, Kim Goldman, told CNN's Larry King Live. "He's telling us one more time, 'I'm gonna continue to get away with killing your family members and I'm not gonna honor the judgment and look at me, ha, ha, ha.'"

Copyright © 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. The information contained in the AP News report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yep...sounds like a taunting 'Can't get me' "confession."

Rabbit

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

There was a baseball player who came within days of being executed for a crime he did not commit(proven with DNA). He was white. And ACTUALLY innocent. Yet convicted. I think OJ was put on trial beacuse they had reasonable suspicion to do so. I think his getting off was abetted by having lots of money and powerful friends, and perhaps racist behavior by cops that cast doubt on the entire case. I think he is thumbing his nose and counting his money-and that is all that any of this is about. How many people care what color he was? He was a sports hero, famous, handsome and popular. No one was 'out to get' OJ in trouble. He brought it on himself. And does to this day.

I think what he is doing to his children is cruel beyond belief. What a jerk!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit