Does God have any one organized religion he supports?

by general 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Proof of existence must be established before the question is valid.

• general
    general

Thank-you to all of you that responded to my question.

I enjoyed reading your various outlooks on what the faithfull and discreet slave constitutes...

I found all of your outlooks extremely helpful.

General

• Little Bo Peep
    Little Bo Peep

My husband and I have discussed this subject much and havn't come up with a really sound answer. I think one of the must frustrating things in trying to help others out of the WT is where to direct them. We left but waited a long time to really talk to our kids because we knew they'd want to know "we'll where do we go then?"

We realized the answer wasn't "where" but "whom" would we follow. I don't think there is any one religion with all the answers. I feel many are very sincere in their efforts, but it all seems to end up in the control issue.

I've really found it helpful to read the Bible with an open mind, and let it speak to me instead of trying to force a conclusion based on the WT. It's really hard to get past having the WT indoctrination effect what you believe, but well worth the try.

I think most religions are of a futuristic mindset, thinking the Bible is written for our day, as end-time prophecies. But after reading and re-reading the NT, along with several books on Revelation, I now really feel these were all written for those upon whom the "conclusion of the system" was near, the Jewish system that ended in 70 AD, not 2000 years later. I don't think any religion today fulfills any "faithful slave" roll, but this is speaking of individuals and their personal relationship with God and his son.

I still have many unanswered questions, so continue reading, pondering and praying, knowing I'm doing the best I can at this point, trying to live my life Christlike, and looking to the gift of "grace" from above.

Bo Peep

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    General: Are you saying an individual that holds God's favor is his faithful and discreet slave and that he channels spirtual food through his son Jesus Christ...?

Yes. But I am not just saying that because I want it to be true. I have read James 1; 1 Corinthians 2; Galatians; John 14-15; 1 John; and as a result I could literally come to no other conclusion about what the "channel of communication" is, as indicated by the Bible.

General: Because faithful and discreet slave is in the singular or as the KJV puts it "...a faithful and wise servant"

Yes. That is true. And 144,000 is clearly plural, not singular. And the WTS used to apply it to Charles Taze Russell. However, if it applies to any plurality of persons that make up a class then it applies to all Christians.

I am convinced of this because, bluntly put, the Bible never once directly suggests multiple classes of Christians, and makes frequent direct statements to the contrary. The only way to arrive at a doctrine of multiple classes of Christians is to interpret symbolic language into that meaning, and either ignore or craftily reinterpret even direct, literal language, thereby changing literal meaning into symbolic.

I can provide you examples of this throughout WTS publications, if you like. Once you know what kind of language to look for, you will find examples on your own in every issue of the Watchtower.

If Matthew 24:45-47 applies to an individual, I have not yet found him or her. One thing I am certain of, if anyone declares himself or herself the faithful and discreet slave they are lying. That is a judgment Jesus makes as a result of how well they do at their assigned tasks, it is not a title they give themselves.

I hope that has made my position clear. Feel free to ask followup questions, if you like.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• TopHat
    TopHat

I still have many unanswered questions, so continue reading, pondering and praying, knowing I'm doing the best I can at this point, trying to live my life Christlike, and looking to the gift of "grace" from above.

Bo Peep

I am of the same mind set as you Bo Peep....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit