Does God have any one organized religion he supports?

by general 44 Replies latest jw friends

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

The Jehovah's Witnesses told you everything to believe, so you believe it? They told you about the faithful and discreet slave class, something that they picked out to make you believe in them as the only true religion. You need to take apart their teachings one by one to get to what you really believe.

• blondie
    blondie

At first I thought this asked what organized sport did God support.....

• wvpeach
    wvpeach

NO

Or at least let me say I have found none that God would support as being completely right.

I have given up looking for one after many years.

Thats why the bible tells us that

They will have need for no man to teach them one to another , they will all learn of God each man as he recieve's

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I am really hung up on God's use of a faithful and discreet slave and the many biblical examples of using sherpards to manage his flock (Such as the apostle Paul overseeing the Christian congregations in the Meditterrean Region) on earth as shown by Matt. 24:45. To me this shows us that God does have an organization here on earth.

Does anyone have any insight they would like to share on this matter??

There is evidence to indicate that the bible is a story book written by a group of people who control this world. It is meant to confuse and control the masses, or divide and conquer. Some references for you to check out would be David Icke, Zechariah Stitchin, George Green, Acharya S

• Borgia
    Borgia

Since we have established that in the JW mind works on the following equation: the organisation = GB = Jehovah = the meeting - I have a faint idear they might consider their org to be only god supported around. And basically, I could agree with them on that one. Where else do you find 6 M people with such a believe?.......

Borgia

• wvpeach
    wvpeach

after re-reading this thread

I wanted to say one more thing, that might be helpful.

I can assure you it is not only the Jehovah's Wittness's that think they are the only ones that have God's religion right.

The church of Christs, believe many good chruch goers are headed for hell .

It's so bad with them that they attend funerals of friends, and family and lament for weeks what a shame it is that person died and went to hell, they were such a good person , yet they were not Church Of Christ so they went to hell..

Ask the catholics , mormans or for that matter muslims.

Many religions believe if you are not a card carrying member of thier particular belief system , your headed for hell.

IMHO , those denominations will find themselves measured by the measure they used in judging others. The bible says so.

In other words thier condemnation of others will find God judging them much more harshly, as they judged others while they walked this earth.

I agree whole heartedly that should you wander into a church denomination that believes if you don't belong to thier faith your going to land in eternal hell fire, run not walk the other way.

Why would you put yourself in the position of being judged so harshly by God when your time comes because you even silently participated in such a denomination.

• general
    general

Auld Soul,

Are you saying an individual that holds God's favor is his faithful and discreet slave and that he channels spirtual food through his son Jesus Christ as shown in

1 st Timothy 2:5 for there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus

Because faithful and discreet slave is in the singular or as the KJV puts it "...a faithful and wise servant"

I just want to verify this is what you meant.

• jgnat
    jgnat
    I am really hung up on God's use of a faithful and discreet slave and the many biblical examples of using sherpards to manage his flock (Such as the apostle Paul overseeing the Christian congregations in the Meditterrean Region) on earth as shown by Matt. 24:45. To me this shows us that God does have an organization here on earth.

What Auld Soul said. This is a hangup you need to let go of. Consider the seven churches in Revelation. Not one, seven. All with different characteristics. Also, the twelve tribes of Israeal, each with their own characteristics, strengths and weaknesses. Each necessary, equal, but different. Also Paul's description of the body of Christ. Many members, different functions. This is the model that gives me peace. God tolerates, even welcomes, variety.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

General wrote : "I am struggling with this question as a result of my decision to delve deeper into the bible and my desire to truly ascertain the connatations of its verses."

Whoa! Sounds like a bad take on JW-speak to me!

If you're delving deeply into the Bible, you should fairly quickly come to understand why rationalists tend to reject it. You're tying to make sense of a jumble of mythological writings from a bunch of camel drivers and sheep herders 2,000 and 3,000 years go. People with a completely different culture and worldview, with whom God conversed on a very regular basis, and who thought that the mentally ill were in fact possessed by demons. Fragments and segments of those writings were compiled by a variety of people with a plethora of motivations, most of which focused around manipulating others for their own political or ecclesiastical power.

You've got to understand that part of the equation if you want to "delve deeper" and "ascertain the connotations" of the Bible.

Essentially,it's as if you're taking an ancient version of The Night Before Christmas, and trying to "ascertain the connotations" of how the stockings were hung by the chimney, and just what old St. Nick was up to. In the end it's a mostly meaningless manipulation of mythology.

S4

• ness21
    ness21

i agree. we are the ones that point to each other and say we are right you are wrong, not God. I reckon He will even save the witnesses as they do love God, just are misguided. You cant tell me the pioneer woman who devotes her life to Him wont be saved cos shes a jo-ho, just as the vicar who preaches trinity doctrine will be saved.

I think everyone who loves God, has a good heart and tries to be/do good will be ok whatever happens at "the end", be it heaven or resurrection.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit