Who else would never accept to go to a Judicial Committee?

by JH 55 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

I was never df'd.

If ever the elders asked me to attend a Judicial Committee for some reason, I would refuse. I would never accept to go to their kangaroo court. Guilty or not, I would'n go.

Religion should be love, not accusations, religion should be forgiveness, not sentencing.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I'm da'd, and the reason for that is that the elders were trying to get me in front of a jc, and I didn't want that. I was intimidated by the very though of appearing before one, which is why I took my own action.

• daystar
    daystar

I was never df'd or da'd. But then again, I was fortunate enough not to have fallen for the pressure to be baptised before I turned 18.

That being said, I would never accept the invitation to attend any such commitee for any religion at all. I suspect I would laugh, laugh, laugh in their faces.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Nope, no kangaroo court for me either. In my mind going along with and to their JC validates it. I absolutely refuse to play their little games with them. Not that they would even know where to find me at this point in my life, but nevertheless the answer is absolutely not, or in other words, not just no - but HELL no.

Sherry

• dobbie
    dobbie

I've just posted my d'a letter and waiting for their reaction(if any!), i wanted to get in there and do it first because there is no way i am going to be made to feel even more like dirt than i do already. I've been to one before years ago and it was horrible, i only got through it cos i got upset and apologised, not that it was their business anyway. So i decided that as it was bound to happen as i am determined to celebrate xmas this year etc, i'd get in there first. There's no point trying to talk to them as they will only see the WT side and i will NOT have them bring my childrens lives into it again!If they do try to meet i will just say i've made my mind up and won't discuss it further, then finish the conversation.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Well, been there dont that twice, and was df'd both times

Not that I will ever have the chance to go again, cause that will NEVER happen, but yes I would go. This time fully loaded with the info I know now, which I didnt know then!!!

• JH
    JH
    but yes I would go. This time fully loaded with the info I know now, which I didnt know then!!!

I think that even if I had facts and showed them, they would say, "where did you get this from"? and then they would add to the charges against me, and say I got this info. on an apostate site.

So there is no way to win against them, unless you just want to tell them off before you never see them again.

But I would rather tell them off with facts at their home, rather than play their little kangaroo court game, and preceeded with a prayer...omg

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

Not only no, but, Hell to the NO !!!!! I'll never again give the opportunity to exercise anu authority over me. Even when they werein my home trying to talk to me a few months ago, whenever they tried getting condescending or trying to corner me I'd get them right back on point by basically saying, "I thought we were having a bible discussion, not a denunciation on whether or not I'm doing something wrong. If you want to continue, let's keep the conversation in that context." Eventually, they tired of me slammming them on every point they tried to make and left. For my troubles, I didn't even get a handshake on their way out the door.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight
    So there is no way to win against them, unless you just want to tell them off before you never see them again.

True, but if you have ever been to one, and see how they intimidate you, make you feel 2 inches tall, and tell you its a good thing, and out of love........................ You may want to go back one last time to show them, it aint working this time around!

• Jobees
    Jobees

The wonderful thing about not showing up is finding out that they d'effed you anyway, without you being present. It happened to two people I know. Unfortunately, I was a glutton for punishment and I went. Yea, it sucked.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit