What do you think about gays and abortion now.......................?????

by vitty 29 Replies latest jw friends

• buriram
    buriram

Vitty , you know where I'm coming from? >>.. LOL as well........

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I think that many gay people are born that way and I don't think they should be hurt because of what they feel or if they act on their feelings. I also think that some are confused and mixed up and taken advantage of. I don't know how they recover from that or if their orientation changes. Almost every gay male I have known (most of them had serious issues) has been taken advantage of sexually by an older man when they were adolescent or preadolscent.(I recognize that this is only my own anecdotal experience) It makes me wonder how much of it is born and how much learned? Nature or nurture? But who would choose it-people can treat gays like crap, and often do-except someone who was an 'extreme' rebel and really wanted to piss off their folks? Most folks get over that before they build their lives around their rebellion. And it comes down to who you really respond to and feel attraction to. A huge percent of ex gays that become straight convert right back eventually, from what I understand. So they obviously had a desire to change, but cannot truly change internally.

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

I think everyone should have the right to live their life however they best see fit, within reasonable guidelines, such as not murdering each other or what-not.

Regarding abortion: no one knows that person's situation like that person herself. Who am I to judge? What about, for instance, in the case of rape and sexual assault?

Regarding homosexuality: who are we to say how others feel about their sexuality?

• sandy
    sandy

Now that I am a little older and ready to start having babies I could not imagine ever having an abortion. I do think it is morally wrong but I'd never condemn a woman for having one.

When I was younger. early 20's I used to wonder if I'd ever be capable of having an abortion. I was always careful but accidents happen. Thank God I was never in that situation. I was much more selfish and fearful of what others would think back then. If I would have been faced w/ pregnancy back then I really don't know what I would have done.

• skyking
    skyking

I have not read any of the other post yet. I have a hard time with Gay's I know a few and will even go have a drink at a bar with Gay friends of the same sex as me, but I feel uncomfortable with them. I do not feel uncomfortable that other people see me with them it is something inside of me. As regards abortion I feel it is wrong unless the baby can not be born alive then and only then do I feel it is OK.

• done4good
    done4good

While, I would not condone an abortion, (say, in the case of my girlfriend), I do believe it is a personal choice. I have no issue with gays whatsoever. My future sister in law is gay, and a wonderful person.

j

• Anony-Mouse
    Anony-Mouse

Gay guys? No problem.
    <br><br>Lesbians? I want an invitation ^^ .
    <br><br>But abortion is tricky. Automatically I think it's terrible, but then I realize there are circumstances. Like rape.
    <br><br>If I had a girlfreind or wife that got raped (NEVER want that to happen), and she got pregnant...I'm not sure what I would do. I would support her either way. But I'd try and encourage her to keep it, unless she really didn't. You shouldn't kill a defensless child (It would be my duty, and hers to defend an unborn child). That baby is still a baby, genetics or not. Just because he exists through something so terrible, doesn't mean he's guilty.
    <br><br>Everyone deserves a chance, even if circumstances of birth are terrible.

• misguided
    misguided

Homosexuality....I'm ok totally with this. One of the people I grew up with (as a JW) is now gay. He lives in Vancouver, and we had a great reunion in Revelstoke where his sister lives earlier this year. We went to school together. We went to meetings together. Most of our growing up years were spent together.

When I look back, I know all the signs were there. It was evident he was "gay" since we were 5/6 years old. He was always very feminate, but that made him so very endearing to me. I don't think someone would choose that lifestyle unless that was who they were.

Abortion...I toil with this all the time. I think it's very wrong for birth control. Recently one of our patients (23 years old) aborted twins. Another has had 7 abortions in the 5 years I've worked at that office. This bothers me.

I was told it might be best to abort my son, as he was expected to die due to hydrops fatalis. When I was 4 months pregnant when he was diagnosed with a huge cyst on his neck called cystic hygroma . Due to my faith at the time, I opted to wait for him to die before I did a D&C. I now have a son, in no way dead, a sweet child, with an IQ of 69. I don't regret my descision, but I sometimes question it. I would have a hard time accepting my descision if he had been more disabled than he is. But if I'd aborted him, I'd have missed out on an awesome kid.

Rose

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

I follow the rules as set forth in the film The Life of Brian:

"You've just got to work it out for yourselves!!!"

Sexual preference is a private matter and everyone has the right to choose what they want. We are all people, we all can choose to live our life they way we like to and I respect everyone's right to do that.

Abortion, must be decided by the woman or couple themselves, no one has the right to tell others what to do.

Pope

• XU
    XU

Both are important in a free society.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit