What do you think about gays and abortion now.......................?????

by vitty 29 Replies latest jw friends

• vitty
    vitty

When you saw the WT for what it was and realized it was NOT the truth, how did that affect your thoughts on subjects like homosexuality or abortion for example.

Did you start to think differently suddenly or did it take a long time ?.................or maybe you havent changed your minds on what the WT condemns.

I was quite shocked at how I accepted my teenage son was sexually active and I talked to him about condoms and this being an important thing in his and GFs life and where they sure they were ready. I didnt tell him not to do it !

Actually I think I always had my thoughts on different subjects that werent in line with the org, I just pushed what I really thought to the back of my mind.

There are many different subjects name one that you relate to.

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

I dont think gays should have abortions.

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

Although I find the idea of both acts distasteful to me personally, I have both a friend who had an abortion, and another that is gay, friendships I would never have had if i was still a JW. I find that i'm no longer judgemental and with something like homosexuality, I think that people who are gay have not chosen to be so but rather its the way they are, how they feel inside, just in the same way I am hetrosexual - thats me.

CS 101

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

That made me laugh so hard, my noodles came out my nose. I feel the same way as I did in the dubs. Regarding homosexuality, I think that what you do behind closed doors is your business. My world isn't gonna end if Billy Bob down the street decides he likes chest hair as opposed to boobs. And regarding abortion, I personally could never do it. But I also know that not every woman is as blessed as I am to have a good support system or to be financially stable. Every situation is different, and women should have the right to decide how they handle their own bodies. Live and let live is my motto. ~luv, jojo

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

You beat me to it! Or, Gays should have abortions so that gayness is not passed on to the next generation?

• Calico Ethel
    Calico Ethel

I feel the same as many that have posted already to this thread as well. I don't necessarily agree with homosexuality and I definately would never condone an abortion, but what another person does in there life is none of my business. It doesn't affect me personally, so I don't necessarily care what another does. I have had friends that are gay, I don't now, but that doesn't mean that I wouldn't in the future. That is one reason why I didn't care if the government opposes gay marriages. A friend of mine says "gays have every right to be just as miserable as straight people". (though he's opposed to getting married himself, thus the comment) And if I had a friend that was considering an abortion, I would strongly suggest adoption to them before going through that. Once you make that decision, you can't take it back. And to me, my thoughts are the same on that subject....you are killing a living human being!!! But this is just my opinion on the subject...to each his own.

• BCZAR2ME
    BCZAR2ME

My sentiments exactly. LMAO Fortunately, I was not eating noodles at the time! bczar

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I still keep my thoughts to myself whenever the topics arise. Although, I will say that I have a younger brother who is gay and that I love him to death!

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

I dont care if people are gay...Ive been through so many bad hetero relationships that I have to admire anybody that can have a long term relationship and a successful loving one. But I do admit that seeing guys kissing makes my inner kid go "Ewww yuck!" I enjoyed the movie Saddleback Mountain or whatever that was called tho. I have gay friends both guys and girls and love em to death.

As for abortions, my best friend in high school got pregnant in college and freaked back in 73 and got an abortion. She was never able to get pregnant after that either. She thinks it rendered her infertile. My thinking was different back then. Now I never would consider it. I always tell my daughter that no matter what, if anything happens and she finds she is pregnant that we will work it out. That baby is family, and a little person, and totally not disposable any more than she was to me...and what a huge huge loss that would have been had I not had her.

Stepping down off the soap box now.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

On Subjects like homosexuality and abortion, its not just the wt I disagree with. A lot of organized religions have the same stance on the two topics. One reason I can see that religion would be against both issues is that it diminishes the number of new recruits for the religion. If someone is born a homosexual and conflicted he may have the need of religion to forgive him for his sin of homosexuality. Children that are born into a situation of being neglected, impoverished, poor, uneducated are prime recruits for religions everything will be alright in heaven mantra.

Organized religion seems to specialize in granting forgiveness for individuals exercising their biological, hormonealy motivated body functions. Quite a racket they got there. A little feel good sex is bad and can send one to hell or eternal darkness, but killing, maiming, war, in the name of god thats a good thing. Give us all a break.

Personally, if someone is a homosexual and they are not trying to be homosexual with me or a child under lets say 18, then it doesnt bother me.

If two people have had sex and created a life, a life that they are not prepared to cultivate and nurture then abortion may be the more humane alternative than giving birth. I think other means of birth control should be advocated than abortion.

None of the fundamentalist anti abortion bible thumpers that I have encountered had ever adopted any children. I suspect most of the vocal fundamentalist anti-homosexualist are most likelly latent, or closet homosexuals. There's always evidence of this poping up in the media on a regular basis. Theres something about people hatting what they themselves are. Along these same lines their is reference to Hitler having been a jew. Of course reflecting upon this, I can see how all the above mentioned hatred is religious inspired. Religion can be a wolf in sheeps clothing, giving lip service to the notion of love and violently acting out hatred.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit