Who else finds the internet slow

by JH 21 Replies latest jw friends

• zagor
    zagor

Mine is also slow in last few days ....

But otherwise me and internet are lately having love-hate relationship for many different reasons. I still prefer real life to internet, to be honest.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

You're welcome JH.

I have one coming up myself soon, Nov 22nd will be one year sice I was announced as "no longer one of jehovahs witnesses" at my former kh.

I wasn't there for the announcement, but got a few phone calls from former friends after the meeting, the last conversation I had with most of them.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Mine works great, but I connect with 10M Cable. Connection is one part of why something might seem slow. Cable and DSL are good, but the downfall to Cable is that they Hub the connection to your house and it means you are sharing the network and Hub. With DSL, you are not doing this, but in most cases the max speed to DSL is 5M. Now if you are in one of the rare neighborhoods that has a phone company offering Fiber to the Curb, take it. That one is like being connected at the speed of light. Another thing that can cause speed problems, is not keeping your cookies cleaned out on a regular basis. There is a lot of spy ware programs, that hurt people's speed. There are also worms and viruses. In all though, I would bet that many people are not experiencing the slowness you mentioned.

Check your real speed from time to time at this website

2wire.com

You will be shocked at your real speed, vrs what you think you have. Especially if you have cable and check around 5PM.

• JH
    JH
    In all though, I would bet that many people are not experiencing the slowness you mentioned.

Why would many sites be very fast, and at the same time many sites DEAD !!!

• Amazing
    Amazing

I used to find it slow ... but then I installed the best ever utility program called "Fix-It Utilities 6" which cleaned up and repaired everything. It got rid of over 7 GB of shit that was slowing up my system, the same shit that Windows XP Disk Cleaner was missing.

Then ... I just installed Internet Explorer 7.0, and it made a BIG difference. I am already on a cable system, but the steps I just mentioned really helped a lot. My system now runs like a race car ...

Jim Whitney

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

If you couldn't access this site anymore or if you had no more internet service, would this bother you a lot?

Being connected to the internet is a high priority to me. I prefer internet service over cable tv service.

Its one of my lifes luxurys.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb
    but then I installed the best ever utility program called "Fix-It Utilities 6" which cleaned up and repaired everything.

Where'd you find this??

If I don't have the internet, I'd really be lost!!

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear JH...

I bet that you find your microwave slow too...

love michelle

• JH
    JH
    I bet that you find your microwave slow too...

No, it's fast, but you know what ?? Sometimes the plate turns clockwise, and sometimes it turns counter clockwise.

I bet many never noticed this...

• myelaine
    myelaine

I totally noticed this...as I tapped my foot with impatience....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit