Where do JW's take their breaks today?

by moshe 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• moshe
    moshe

I was at a buffet restaurant on Saturday for lunch and noticed a boy around 10 years old at the ice cream sundae bar- he had a suit on- !! I casually asked him if he was a Jehovah's Witness. 'Yes" he answered. I mentioned that my kids used to go to the KH , but they found out that the WT Society was not God's organization. I told him they went on to college and school and have careers now. I encouraged him to check on the Internet about the WT Society. He didn't seem upset that I talked to him.

I was curious as to where JW's take their breaks today and what times they stop for one. I am on paid leave from work and would like to look for more opportunities to talk to them.

• free2beme
    free2beme

As far as I can tell, in the same places they have been doing for years. I have made the mistake of being in the local mall around break time, and seen that stream of oddly dressed people heading to get their lunch break. Since I look nothing like I did , when I was a Witness, they do not know who I am and even on one occasion, tried to preach to me.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I've been wondering that too. Not that I see them on the street going door to door but it seems to me hardly anyone goes out. The only time I have seen any of them is at one of the halls that I know of and I see them only at meeting times. The hall is inner cilty and the places they could go are numerous but I just don't see them

hmmmm maybe they are wearing a cloak of invisibility and toting their coffee with them

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    I mentioned that my kids used to go to the KH , but they found out that the WT Society was not God's organization. I told him they went on to college and school and have careers now. I encouraged him to check on the Internet about the WT Society. He didn't seem upset that I talked to him.

I got a good chuckle out of this, thanks.........!

When I was first going in FS, it was Rurals, not much of a city where I came from. We took stuff for snacks, even toilet paper for ..you know...

I lived in one area where the witnesses would go to an expensive coffee shop for breaks, when going out everyday.......I really could not afford it.

Around here they seem to go to McDonalds alot!

purps

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

good moshe ; working the young kids. thoses are the most likely ones to understand and leave. always try to work the kids. in a manner that let's you talk to them without the older jw's stepping in. plant the seeds fast. in most cases you only have a few minutes with the younger ones till the older zombies step in. try the local donuts shops. happy hunting. john

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

The last few years I was in, most of the jws who went out used to do about an hour, then go home, so they didn't bother with a break anyway. The few pioneers who stayed out longer used to tend to call at other, older jws houses for a break.

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

I see them hanging around Starbucks quite a bit.

• parakeet
    parakeet

Just a word of caution here -- Are there any legal or ethical repercussions from speaking to underage children about subjects their parents would disapprove? While I would not hesitate to talk to anyone over 18 about this subject, I would be very reluctant to talk to a 10-year-old. At that age, even if you could convince them of your point of view, what can a small child do about it? You'd be accomplishing little but creating confusion and conflict in someone who doesn't know how to handle it yet.

Very often posters here complain bitterly about times when an JW divorced spouse and in-laws attempt to force their child into rejecting the exJW parent, and we all roundly condemn it. I think the same principle applies here as well. When it comes to small children, my advice would be to talk to the parents, not the child.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

parakeet: i don't think Moshe was planning a bible study with this kid or picking him up at his house and take him to an apostatefest. just talked to him , in passing and planted a few seeds. i bet this kids goes door knocking. so he got a lesson as if he was working a door. no harm. john

• mama1119
    mama1119
    see them hanging around Starbucks quite a bit.

Me too. They are always there at 11:00 on Saturdays. And we have this grocery store that has a coffee place inside I see them at as well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit