Dawkins on Jehovah's Witnesses' "Creation" book

by slimboyfat 44 Replies latest jw friends

• TopHat
    TopHat

I was thinking; The Flying Spaghetti Monster could just as well be a deluded belief in evolution. Think about it! LMAO

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I am about to start the chapter on The Roots of Morality. This book is an excellent read--definately not a 'nasty athiest' book as Ian pointed out, and I recommend it.

• apfergus
    apfergus

I've never read that book, but I've read a bit of Dawkins and enjoyed it. For me, one of the major books that helped me break with the JW doctrine on evolution was Full House by Stephen Jay Gould. Gould was an evolutionary biologist and paleontologist and wrote prolifically for the public on things like evolution and the science vs religion debate. I think he was much more gentle than Dawkins is, which can be both a bad thing and a good thing, I suppose.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

TopHat

No silly, you are comparing a parody of the idea of god (the existence of which has no evidence) with something that has evidence.

Or are you gonna tell us god put the dinosaur bones there to fool us?

Looking forward to your reply, as always...

• TopHat
    TopHat

Abandon, What do dinosaurs have to do with evolution? I am sure God created the dinosaurs!

As for the spaghetti monster it could be applied in the same way as Dawkins compares it to those who believe in a Creator. The delusional state of NO facts provided by evolutionist that life got here by chance. All that is available to evolutionist is what God has provided.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

TopHat:

You should probably avoid threads like this as your unwillingness and/or inability to make intelligent relevant comments make you look something of a fool.

• heathen
    heathen

I liked the evolution creation debate on southpark better .LOL mmmmmmmmmmkkkkkkkkkkk

• TopHat
    TopHat

Actually funky, This is just another thread for a pissing contest between evolutionist and those who believe in a Creator. I am not trying to prove creation...I am telling you what I believe. I have that right....and you have your right. So FAR, evolutionist disagree among themsleves of the how and why and what...GET IT TOGETHER WILL YA! DAWKINS IS A JOKERRRRRRRRR!

• TopHat
    TopHat
    I liked the evolution creation debate on southpark better .LOL mmmmmmmmmmkkkkkkkkkkk

Most people like to hear what it is that "TICKLE" their ears! We are all different. I lost interest in southpark when they started making fun of the way "The crocodile hunter" was killed. So disrespectful! AND some people think that is funny. I DO NOT!

• heathen
    heathen

well not everybody was a fan that realizes a great loss to science .It's just a cartoon that offends everybody and even the warning at the beginning says it shouldn't be watched by anybody .LOL IT is pretty sick ...........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit