Our Puppy did not make it.

by Sparkplug 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Well after going to bed early for it has been a long day I was awaken by my fourteen year old and she was crying for the vet just called and the puppy I got them two weeks ago just died. The breeder was at an expo at City Hall and they all gave me those "mom I am going to die if I don't have her" looks till I forked over money I did not have for this lil baby beagle.

We brought her home and I thought my she must be so tired for she slept a lot the first day. Then the second day she did not really move around. By the third day it was bad and on the fourth my roommate came home early from work and took her to the vet. She had Parvo. Then after a week of fighting, our poor little baby had distemper.

She fought another week and tonight the vet who was quite attached called with his voice cracking telling my roommate that he did not think she would make it. It was too late to call back and well as I said, we did get a call and she could fight any more. She was so tiny. I have no idea how she made it this long for she only ate once really and that was the other day when I went in and thought I was going to have to put her down. Instead she had eaten finally and it looked as if there may be hope. Two days later now, I have a house full of bawling kids. Three angry and heartbroke adults and no puppy. Not to add a lot less money and still more to pay on a puppy we did not get to see but for a few hours really.

How can these breeders do this? Sell a puppy that is registered etc, shots and everything in order and yet Parvo? Distemper?

I am pretty down. Not to mention trying to explain to my youngest that although I anm going to the hospital Monday, it is not a vet, and that I don't have parvo or worms. And then top it all off with No we will not get another puppy. I told her I would call the people in charge of taking care of puppies who are treated bad. I called them puppy cops and try to get the breeder in trouble.

My girl is smart though and wants to know if all the puppies at the puppy sale are sick now and if so, what happens when they die.

Aaaauuuuggghhhh. Some days I just want to be held and have a good cry. But most people I know that are available for that are upset about stuff themselves over stuff so much harder than puppies and as a friend told me, this is the cycle of life. I know this, I just have lost so many things I love lately...is it too wrong to want to cry over a puppy to someone?

Stupid I know. I am just really sad and mad and tired.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Go ahead, cry your eyes out, and as a friend I met on this board recently told me, you have a right to every feeling you feel.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I'm so sorry you and your family are in pain. It hurts!!

shelley

• Purza
    Purza
    is it too wrong to want to cry over a puppy to someone?

Not at all. It is part of the grieving process. I am so sorry for your loss. Your story makes me want to cry.

She was absolutely adorable.

Purza

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

I usually do not invest money in animals. I know they die and I am one of the worst at keeping them alive. so my family does not let me have pets really and although they love dogs, we gave up a Long time ago on hopes of getting one. Mind you, I broke my own damn rule and that was no dogs. It only breaks their heart. I never expected to be crying with them.

I thought if I did the responsible thing and took her to the vet and invested and paid extra...made sure she had shots, was registered, etc that it would be good. But not so.

I wonder what all I can do? I know with Parvo and distemper there was not a puppy at that place that could have not been exposed. This was a huge event with hundreds of puppies there. I know what my youngest is asking and she is right. All those puppies are either in danger or gone by now. (Or at least a big portion)

Thanks abandoned. I have been following your story and when I get up to it this weekend I mean to respond to your posts. It is ok to cry. Sick of crying alone. Sucks! But tonight I am crying with 5 others and well that does not feel much better. Pretty funny really.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

(((((((((((((((Sparkplug & family)))))))))))))))

• deeskis
    deeskis

((((Sparky)))) that sucks. I don't think it's unusual to cry over pets, dogs are faithful loyal creatures and show unconditional love.

Those dealers need to be dealt with.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Thanks abandoned. I have been following your story and when I get up to it this weekend I mean to respond to your posts. It is ok to cry. Sick of crying alone. Sucks! But tonight I am crying with 5 others and well that does not feel much better. Pretty funny really.

Thanks, I look forward to it. :-)

Yeah crying alone sucks but it's SOOOOOO NICE to be able to tell people how you feel and what you think without worrying about who's ears it's going to make it back to. Sure, crying alone sucks but at least it's not the crying alone we had to do as part of the jw.

• bubble
    bubble

Poor puppy.

Parvo is awful, they really don't stand a chance once they get it.

Definitely try and get the breeders in trouble.

(((((Sparkplug)))))

• Broken Hearted
    Broken Hearted

I understand some of what you are going through. My Puppy died wednesday November 1. Not sure of what. My 17 year old came home from school and found her dead behind my computer chair. We had her for 2 1/2 years. She was a Maltese and got her from the SPCA. my children are crying they want another one also. I told them I did not think so, but have been looking, it got pretty lonely last week without her and that was the ex's week with the kids. I really can't afford the prices they ask for these dogs or others that I am intersted in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit