Our Puppy did not make it.

by Sparkplug 30 Replies latest jw friends

• juni
    juni

Decki said:

How can these breeders do this? Sell a puppy that is registered etc, shots and everything in order and yet Parvo? Distemper

I'm really sorry to hear that this happened to you and your kids.

Parvo is an extremely contagious disease. So your kids unknowingly perhaps are right on about the other pups getting sick. Pups have some resistance to diseases from Mom, but parvo is a bad one.

Obviously, this "breeder" had a puppy mill going on. They are not responsible breeders. Is there anyway that you can contact your local humane society and share w/them your paperwork showing who the breeder is and the false vaccinations?

The humane societies in Wisconsin want to be notified of puppy mills to get them shut down.

I don't know what TX laws are.

Hugs, Juni

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Sparky this SO smacks of deja vu. When my son was about 6 or 7 (he's now 26) we got a beagle puppy. They are so absolutely adorable. This one was the love of my little son's life. His name was Fred. Unfortunately Fred only made it about a month, he too died of Parvo. I don't know if Beagles are more susceptable, or its only cooincidence.

I'm so sorry for your loss, I know your daughter must be devastated. Its truly hard to lose a pet, even if you don't have them very long.

(((((huggs)))))

Sherry

• Ironhead
    Ironhead

Sparkplug there's nothing wrong in crying over a pet they're a part of the family. I cried for days when my cat died. That puppy looked really cute. Like the others have already said, get a refund.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Oh Sparkplug....(((HUGS)))!!

I am so sorry!! That is HORRIBLE!!

Our thoughts are with you!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

(((((((Sparkplug)))))))

I'm so sorry.... Losing a pet is so sad.

GGG

• morty
    morty

(((((((((((((((((((((Sparkplug & Family))))))))))))))))))))

You have ever right to cry....We need to in order to heel our heart and soul...

YOU need to to go after the a$$holes that sold you that pup...

You did not have that pup near long enough to be running to the vets with his condition. Like another poster said, go to your aspc and find out your rights....take out adds in your local paper....fight for your rights and rights of those poor pups that did not have a chance cause of a damn owner concerned of making $$$$$$$....

For now, grief, cry, and be there for your kids but once you get over your broken heart, go right after the bastards! Just my 2 pennies...

BTW, i just lost my baby about a month ago and perhaps I am still a little bitter about it...we do get close to our animals...they are just like our family...

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

(((Sparkplug)))

I'm really sorry

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Hello everyone and thanks for the warm huggs and wishes. I am going to have a lot of time to pursue what I need to on this in the next few weeks so that is number one on the list.

We did go get the pup and bury her. The vet was so kind to my daughter and well that was a bit heartbreaking. I think I will print out this thread and let her have it. Also a copy if needed for the asswipes that did this.

Anyhow, we are all kind of sluggishly moving around and life will go on. I sent my daughter (the youngest) away when we buried our pup this morning.

Thank you all again and I extend my huggs back to all those that have lost their family pets recently and told me about it.

Decki

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

((((Sparkplug))))

That's a terrible thing to happen.

It definitely sounds like you got one of the less reputable breeders, who also shows blatant disregard for any other breeders dogs as well. Reporting them to the humane society would definitely be a good thing but ALSO check if they are registered with the American equivalent of the Kennel Club - this will prove whether the paperwork was genuine or not. If they are registered, they might not be for much longer - which means their breeding stock will be worthless. If they aren't registered, maybe you could sue for fraud?

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Oh, HONEY!!!

Dammit! I'm so sorry!!!

Typed hugs just don't do it, do they.
    Baba.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit