Is the WBT$ Destroying our Enviroment?

by OUTLAW 24 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

How many trees are cut down so the WBT$ can print literature that most Jehovah`s Witness`s will never place and most people don`t want?..How many forests are destroyed so the WBT$ can print articles that will be obsolete when the inevitable "New Light" arrives?..Besides the destruction of lives,is the WBT$ destroying the enviroment?...OUTLAW

• blondie
    blondie

If the WTS disappeared today, the environment would still be in great danger. It would be like stepping on an ant but missing the pack of wolves surrounding you.

As corporations go re paper and ink, there are greater dangers than the WTS.

Blondie

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

How many rain forests has this Org single handidly cut down with all of their printing?

Funny, doesn't the Bible say that God would "bring to ruin those ruining the earth?"

- Wing Commander

• hambeak
    hambeak

I agree with Blondie A few years back the US government was selling off the beautiful redwood trees of the northern California coast some of those trees 2 & 3 thousand years old to companies for as little as $1.00 per tree. The sierra club got involved and got them to stop. That had nothing to do with printing paper. Also look at the rain forests being decimated at an alarming rate in S A.

• SB
    SB

well, paper USED to be made with pot leaves until there were drug laws (so i've been told). it grew fast, and didn't harm the environment. So i think the WBTS should turn the NY Farm into a plantation and produce their own paper. bethelites would be volunteering left and right for garden duty. :)

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Good comments all..Yes,if the WBT$ stopped printing now the enviroment would still be in trouble..Still they are part of the problem..How many trees does it take to print Millions of magazines every month,not to mention books and tracts?..What does that work out to in a year?..Blondie makes a good point about the chemicals in the ink used to print them..More damage to the enviroment..What about the thousands of gallons of gas used every week in automobiles so Jehovah`s Witness`s can distribute the literature?..More unnessesary polution..It all adds up..The WBT$ certainly isn`t part of the solution to Globel warming and polution..They are not making any effort to make this a paradise..They are part of the destruction of this planet ...OUTLAW

• blondie
    blondie

I'll repeat, the WTS is a very small corporation in comparison to all the other corporations and governments that pollute and destroy the environment.

If the goal is to really save the environment, aim towards a bigger target.

Blondie

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Blondie..I agree..You are right,we must have a bigger target than the WBT$ if the enviroment is to improve..My point is they add to the destruction,they do nothing to improve it.Not that they are totaly or even largely responsible for pollution and globel warming..They are a part of the problem,even if it is a small percentage compared to the bigger offenders.Many small percentages add up..There are many small offenders that should be doing thier part to protect the enviroment.Especially one that offers a globel paradise...OUTLAW

• blondie
    blondie

Actually the WTS does practice recycling, because it is cost-effective. It also follows the laws regarding the environment of the village, town, city, county, state, country they live in. The damage the WTS does lies in a larger area.

I think the real concern is about the doctrines that harm the minds and bodies of people.

I really feel that any damage the WTS might cause the environment is a "gnat" event compared to "camel" things such as the blood transfusion policy and the many failed prophecies over the years.

Blondie

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Sure they print stuff that few people read, but consider this. How much fuel is wasted because publishers are driving their cars to service meetings, then driving to a designated location and pileing in 1 car only to circle around endlessly in a territory, then drive to the local coffee shop, then go circling around again looking for return visits. And then there's going to 5 pointless meetings, three times a week. I cut out over a tank of gas per month just by stopping my JW activities.

I say if they want to talk to blueberries and pet lions in the new system, they can start right now by doing like the Amish people and buy a horse and buggy.

I would love to see the Watchtower suggest this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit